New Minelab detector ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saw this floating around the interwebs. September release.

1500940244_minelab1.jpg

Considering Minelab's just released the Gold Monster, could it be that the next detector released would be a treasure detector based on the F3?

davent said:
SDZ?

or a ZED minus the GPS, and , just a basic ZED....or a monster?

Some thoughts on FB groups are that as they have recently released a gold detector.... the Monster, this may be a coin/relic machine?
Minelab are certainly putting out more new detectors that any other company? The Gofind series and the Gold Monster with this new, mystery detector to follow soon. In comparison the Garret team have released ONE "new" detector. The At Max. Interesting times to come.

Given that Detectival 2017 will cover 1000 acres in the UK, which last year recorded over 400 finds which included: Bronze Age Spears, Anglo Saxon Gold Button Stud, Gold Roman Solidus, Anglo Saxon & Medieval Hammered coins, Roman coins & Artefacts, I'd say it's highly likely that the detector will be a coin/relic machine.

goldwright said:
Heatho said:
goldwright said:
Yeah being announced in the UK first, will be a new CTX for sure.

Was thinking the same thing GW, CTZ 4040?? :D

If it is I want it. :Y:

My guess is it will have something to do with the magnetic field patent Minelab lodged awhile ago. Yep I will have one to please.....

Hopefully it will isolate all the gold jewellery out of all the non ferrous junk, mmmmm. :lol:

Hopefully for me a real challenger to the Deus,something else to consider :cool:

Yes please,a new coin and relic machine :party:

goldwright said:
Yeah being announced in the UK first, will be a new CTX for sure.

There's not really any reason for Minelab to bring out a new CTX - it's effectively in a market of one as things stand. The only detector offering any real competition at that level is the Deus, which wins hands down for lightness/ergonomics, but falls well short of many sophisticated CTX features.

I think what Minelab could very well do, with minimal R&D costs, is introduce an ultra-compact version of the Sovereign GT, perhaps modelled on the new GM1000 package. Their BBS technology is languishing at present, but is still far ahead of their competitors in many respects. Repackage, slimming it down, add a colour display and bingo: instant winner! With the CTX remaining pre-eminent at the top of the tree.

Latest posts