DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally.... Got the chance to fly my P4 after the recent firmware upgrades. Left for work early and used up 1 full battery. Happy to say it all went very well. No issues at all. Had it up to full height and a couple of hundred metres away from me. Even slipped it into sport mode for a few minutes. I had forgotten how fast she flies.

Had a short flight this morning. I really should have been out earlier but it was cold and Mrs RJ bought a cuppa into me before she went to work so I stayed in bed a bit. :D
My mission today was to get some pics to make a 360 degree panorama. It is so very easy using the Litchi app. Sent the P4 up to full height, set it in Pano mode and it does it's thing, taking 34 photos. Then after a couple of hours detecting I copied the images to my PC and played with some software.

Firstly I made a 360 degree panorama, then a TinyWorld image using the same images. The tiny world image is below and the link will let you view the panorama. Not sure why it has the grey line though the image. I guess the images didn't merge correctly.

Don't forget to use the full screen button at the top, right of the image. Scroll around with the mouse or move your phone/tablet around to get the full view. https://www.360cities.net/image/maitland-park-nsw

1500439554_20170719_144320.jpg

This morning after night shift I flew my P4 to test the pre programmed flight capability of the Litchi app. This is really a great app which has more features than the standard DJI Go 4 app. I have used it a few times before but this is the most complicated flight I have made. Each of the way points can be edited to give the effects you want. Height, speed, camera direction and gimbal angle etc can all be pre set. As you can see in the pic, the old rail wagon is set as POI1, (Point Of Interest). I set the drone to constantly point the camera at the wagon as it spiraled around it 3 times, gaining height as it went. At the top of the image are flight details... Total distance 2.8 kms taking 9 minutes.

The P4 flew across several hundred metres of swamp before the spiral around the wagon and then back to it's take off point. I will tweak this flight and fly it again as I messed up a couple of the way points. Another tweak is that I set the first spiral at 10 metres. The height is registered from the take off point which was maybe ten metres above the level of the ground where the wagon is located. So it was maybe at 20 metres rather than the ten I set it at. Next time I will set it to maybe 5 metres or less. Always a danger as you are only guessing the true. height. Once when I was chasing some kangaroos the screen showed me at about -2 metres as I was on a hill above the location of the Roos. I wish it could read the actual height via the sensors on the bird.

You can either program these flights via the app or log into the Litchi web site and do the programming there. It automatically syncs with the app.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/nOnSeFWLcRE[/video]

1500944370_wagon3.jpg

Tathradj said:
Mine will be back from hospital today.
Yippeee.
The new update version bricked the controller.
They fixed it for nothing. :Y:

I have seen so many post on FB groups about the serious crashes etc with the latest firmware update but I must say that mine has been perfect, only had 3 or 4 flights but zero issues. Today's flight was 2.8 kays and 1.2 kays away from my position. It went perfectly as programmed.

I think what happened is the firmware updated the controller for a Phantom 4 Pro +.
Mine is a phantom 4 Pro.
Even doing a software reset to the aircraft and the controller via the online tools would not fix it.
Neither would down grading them both separately and then performing a full reset.
Symptom was I had manual control by placing both sticks down and center.
It would start the motors and all.
Also the camera would move when commanded but the app on the android tablet
would not connect.

Just got my Phantom back.
All Good.
Now for some practice runs. :Y: :Y: :Y:
Had to relink the controller but all good.
Has video and all calibrations are good to go. :)
Oh the Joy. :party: :party:

Hi there everyone I haven't been on for a while. I just came across this post it's awesome I to love drones or multirotors what ever you like to call them :)
I haven't been prospecting much of late but I'm getting back into it I really need to find my first with the 4500.
Anyway the reason i haven't been prospecting much is because of this,
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbS_MRVI3i8[/video]

Cgs yes thats Redlynch valley. I wan to do the beaches but its been too xamn windy!

Rod get lightroom mate! It is insane! Dont buy it but rent it off the cloud. Look at you tube at some of the stuff that can be done!!
So now I have lightroom and photoshol and sony vegas pro for video.... more bloody money!

Did not light up the Phantom this weekend as I hooked into
repairing my bruised Caravan.
But, I have been asked by a mate for an Arial Video of a new fence line
his neighbor just stuffed up. LOL
True about the windy side of things. Way too blustery for me ATM.
True to promise I will put up a video of Tathra Beach in a few weeks
when I get game enough. :Y: :Y:

I know. :D :D :D :Y:
But,
I am prepping for this next 6 months touring around
and I just did not want to do it with a bloody fair
bit of damage to my Van. :cool:
Knowing my luck I will travel 100 Klm's and hit another
friggen one. :mad: :mad:

max power said:
Hi there everyone I haven't been on for a while. I just came across this post it's awesome I to love drones or multirotors what ever you like to call them :)
I haven't been prospecting much of late but I'm getting back into it I really need to find my first with the 4500.
Anyway the reason i haven't been prospecting much is because of this,
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbS_MRVI3i8[/video]

DAMN. That is some sweet flying and an awesome soundtrack to go with it.

Latest posts