The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine found this in NE vic 1852 six pence
1500728889_fb_img_1500728842735.jpg

It's been over a year since we had any action in this competition. :eek:

We are still looking for a coin from 1850.

Please read the following rules.

Just for a bit of fun,i thought we should find out our oldest Forum coin find.

But with a difference, I'll start of with a 2014 coin then someone else posts a 2013 coin find.
Next member posts a 2012 find and so on.Until we reach our oldest find without missing a consecutive date.

RULES : Coins must be found in Australia. Does not have to be an Australian coin but must be found in Australia.
It can be a coin or token. Coin dates have to be in order, and you cannot post consecutively dated coins.

Kato recently found some older coins, detecting in the park while I was in Childrens Hospital with her sister, will ask her.

She was queried by Park staff, went well.

I'm curious as to what has happened to this thread, is it dead and buried, or is it just stuck on the 1850 coin or token ?

Kato has gotten as far back as 1768 gambling token find here in SA, but also with a 1807 Penny.... SA not established until 1836
and I am sure that although we may not have a continuous lineage of coins there are some great older coins from our membership.

Can it continue on the count down to as early as we can get, maybe leaving a gap for each of those missing dates after a month or two ?

Or have I missed something ?

Thats a good idea to leave blank after a month and go back if someone finds one to fill the gap,Ive been waiting for two years or more to put my 1817 English Shilling i found near Tarnagulla.

Start another thread lads..... this one could take a decade or two to get that far.

Call the new one the "FORUMS OLDEST COIN FINDS" and then we'll see all much much sooner. :Y:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts