Cortisone Injection - Anyone Had One ???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update -

Got my ultra sound done on my left shoulder and went back to the Doctors to get my results,no surprise really already knowing that I had a torn ligament being reminded that is was torn 6 - 8 mm with other associated joint problems which are my main problem.

So I am taking a page out of Dr Hotrobs play book (post above) being 1 x 1,000mg capsule per day of Swisse high strength deep sea Krill oil.

The 60 capsule bottle was on special at the Chemist Warehouse for only $29.00 giving me a 2 month cycle,I was instructed to take them for 1 month to give them time to take.

I will give a further update in 1 month giving my thoughts just in case someone else might like to try the Swisse Krill.

Thanks Doctor Hotrob you rock :cool:

This is my experience -

It has been over 1 month since I have been taking - High Strength Deep Sea Krill Oil by Swisse (1,000mg) for my damaged left shoulder and I am very very pleased with the results,I noticed a change even after 1 week.

Before talking Krill Oil my shoulder had a lot of inflamation and would grind and ache to the point making getting to sleep a problem some nights.

Today I swing my machine more often with much less discomfort afterwards more than likely prolonging my detecting pleasure.

I have no affiliation to the Swisse brand,I am a consumer only.

Note - before taking any medications consult your health care professional.

I've had two on both sides of my lower back at the same time hurt like f#$k but well worth it and that was 18 months ago not a problem since it can take up to 3 weeks to take effect.

Diagnosed with tennis elbow and had the injection 2 weeks ago.
Bloody useless, it did nothing.
*Note: I just found some old krill oil tabs in the back of the cupboard and will give 'em a shot tomorrow.

Chiron52 said:
*Note: I just found some old krill oil tabs in the back of the cupboard and will give 'em a shot tomorrow.

Just a quick note -

Hotrob told me (4 posts above) that his wife swapped out the Swisse for another cheaper brand trying to save some $$$ which failed - so he went back to Swisse being as happy as Larry again before she did the old switcharoo.

His testimony not mine :)

I hope it works for you,does for me :party:

Look forward to your report :)

Diagnosed with tennis elbow 10 years ago. First of a possible 3 injections guided by my pain response. No problem from next day onwards. Just lucky I guess. Ken.

No problems like madtuna's dog though. Well at least no more than usual.. :eek:

I had 2 injections for my worn out hip, no effect whatsoever , waste of time and money, first find the root cause of the pain, mine was bone on bone so I had a hip replacement , and now i have more mobility in that hip than my natural hip which just gave up the ghost 6 weeks ago I will try the krill oil before I go see about hip 2 there are limitations on what one can do with artificial joints don't jump don't cross legs but its not bone on bone grinding so theres no pain

Chiron52 said:

If too 'old', they may not have the efficacy required for you to feel the difference.

For 2x mnths @ $30 i'd just buy some new supplements.....ymmv.

Bone on bone 8.(

I don't know how good it would be but worth a try maybe giving some relief :party:

But saying that - it must be fresh - and in date certainly :Y:

I wish you well :)

Had one years ago and it helped for 3 weeks . Now take fish oil ( 5 a day ) and that helps heaps but takes a few weeks to work . Seems different cures for different people

Hang on I'll have a look at the bottle ...................... Nope mine are Natures Way ................... oh bugger, they expired in November 2016. (does this mean all the little krills are dead now?)
Also, I wonder if "krill pills" would make good berley for next time I go fishing?

Chiron52 said:
Hang on I'll have a look at the bottle ...................... Nope mine are Natures Way ................... oh bugger, they expired in November 2016. (does this mean all the little krills are dead now?)
Also, I wonder if "krill pills" would make good berley for next time I go fishing?

I think Chemist Warehouse for a 60 pill bottle for under $30.00 = 2 months supplies.

Don't Forget - see your health care professional first :Y:

Had one into my heel. Worst needle I have ever experienced. They guide the needle in using an ultra-sound. Apparently if they miss the target and inject into the Achilles tendon, the tendon can snap anytime for no reason. I'll take a kick in the nuts over that again any day.

I had a cortisone shot 20 yrs ago for my elbow and haven't had a problem since. Also I have had cortisone in my shoulder about 15 yrs ago and it was good for about 10 yrs. I go to a Bowen Therapist for my shoulder and back and one treatment usually lasts 3 or 4 mths, the Bowen may be worth trying before you think about surgery or shots

Was told by a quack 30 years ago that if I kept running the aggravated wear on the big toe ball joint would necessitate regular cortisone injections. I stopped running and now the ache is less frequent than back then. (I heard that foot injections are very painful!) :eek:

But I did get cortisone injections for a case of alopecia (inexplicable hair loss) on the back of my head. The dermatologist injected the scalp dozens of times in each of two treatments. Like being stung by a swarm of wasps. :mad: Unfortunately it made no difference except to lighten my wallet.

A hairdresser suggested I just get my hair cut short at the back and get more exposure to sunlight. It worked and it grew back almost as good as new/old. :cool:

Hi Cashgoldsilver....(CGS for short :) )

I'm glad you took my advise & even gladder they have helped you too. :Y:
As I said I'll never go off them now.

Rob.

I have had Cortisone injections in my right shoulder (dominant arm) about 3 times in the last few years. It usually takes about a week to kick in but, it does work. After I purchased a new metal detector in October 2016 I started to get serious about searching for gold. Once I located my first nuggets, I found that my right shoulder was starting to get very sore from the constant sweeping of the detector. Paid a visit to my Doctor who prescribed a Cortisone injection with Ultrasound. Since having the injection I have been detecting virtually every day since and, I haven't had any pain since.
For anyone experiencing pain in either shoulder, I fully recommend that you see your Doctor to arrange for a Cortisone injection using Ultrasound.

cashgoldsilver said:
Chiron52 said:

Just a quick note -

Hotrob told me (4 posts above) that his wife swapped out the Swisse for another cheaper brand trying to save some $$$ which failed - so he went back to Swisse being as happy as Larry again before she did the old switcharoo.

His testimony not mine :)

I hope it works for you,does for me :party:

Look forward to your report :)

Took the expired "krill pills" for about a week but had to stop as I kept throwing up within a few hours of taking them.
I guess the little krills had been dead too long. :)

I have a heel spur on my left foot. Really painful and not helping when I was walking around Durikai (Qld) detecting. I put up with the pain till I got my Doctor to issue me some anti-inflammatory tablets. They helped for a day so he doubled the dose. Didnt really help so a now have a box of unused tabs.

In the end I got a cortisone injection (ultrasound guided) into my heal and bingo...pain gone now for three months. I get some discomfort if I walk around in shoes that don't give adequate support...but all in all the cortisone injection helped me greatly.

My brother has the same problem in both feet and his doctor told he they can only give you up to 2 injections in any 12 month period...not sure why/

Latest posts