NSW Titles Viewer ArcGis map - issues or discontinued?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbasko

Matt
Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://nswtitles.minerals.nsw.gov.au/nswtitles/
Anyone else use the linked map for looking up crown lands in NSW & having issues? I was using it regularly prior to xmas but took a short break from prospecting over December - February. On trying to use it a couple of weeks ago I got a data error message. I thought the site might have been temporarily down but on trying it again yesterday got the same data error message? The map loads & allows you to zoom etc. but there are none of the previous data options to choose/search?
Bloody shame if they've discontinued it :mad: as it was by far the best way to check on possible crown land areas & get DP + lot numbers. You can do it on Minview but this was a much easier, user friendly map with way clearer markings etc.
Does anyone know if they have moved the info onto a new map/data set that I can't find? I know there was talk last year of going to a new system that would possibly be mobile friendly but I can't find it if it does exist?

Hi Matt, I use it on a regular basis and noticed the error message and limited features around 4 days ago. I hope they sort it out as its a very handy tool.

Cheers

Also, as for you noticing that it was playing up a couple of weeks ago, yes it did for a few days but came good again... until now :(

Thanks Oldfella - wasn't sure if it was just my PC.
I hope they get it fixed then. Great tool for looking into new areas.

Aah that would explain why I was thinking it was ongoing as I hadn't checked again until yesterday. Got some research I need to do :)

Same here, I am half way through planning another trip myself and need to check some of my chosen areas against EL's and crown etc.

mbasko said:
http://nswtitles.minerals.nsw.gov.au/nswtitles/
Anyone else use the linked map for looking up crown lands in NSW & having issues? I was using it regularly prior to xmas but took a short break from prospecting over December - February. On trying to use it a couple of weeks ago I got a data error message. I thought the site might have been temporarily down but on trying it again yesterday got the same data error message? The map loads & allows you to zoom etc. but there are none of the previous data options to choose/search?
Bloody shame if they've discontinued it :mad: as it was by far the best way to check on possible crown land areas & get DP + lot numbers. You can do it on Minview but this was a much easier, user friendly map with way clearer markings etc.
Does anyone know if they have moved the info onto a new map/data set that I can't find? I know there was talk last year of going to a new system that would possibly be mobile friendly but I can't find it if it does exist?

Another method for finding DP + lot numbers is SIX maps. However this doesnt have marked crown land.

Six Maps also shows significantly more detail in the aerial photography and street mapping. But yeah doesn't have crown land. I use a combo of Google Earth with Metallogenic overlay and lease overlay, together with ArcGIS which shows me crown land and then onto six to get awesome imagery. I think I'd almost pay a subscription to a site that combined the best of all three!

Yeah I use the ArcGis pretty much just for crown land, which doesn't guarentee access but gives me a starting point, - its not much good without it unfortunately.
I also then cross reference with SIX or google earth + the metallogenic overlays & oziexplorer data. I also have the printed metallogenic maps & mines details of my area. Costly but a good old school way of checking things + very portable :lol: No GPS/Internet connection required for them ones.

SIX Maps with the same crown land ID function would be awesome!

Ben78 said:
I think I'd almost pay a subscription to a site that combined the best of all three!
I would pay a subscription for that! Any developers here? :D

Oldfella said:
Seems to be back up and running, I'm in there now :D
All working well for me now as well.

Heard back from Systems & Mapping Titles section guru Simon this morning. He said:
"We believe we have restored the service correctly now, but some users who tried the application last week have some "cached" versions of the application in their browsers which appears to be causing the errors."

Anyone still getting an error message needs to clear their browser cache & it should be good to go.

I have used this in the past to check crown land parcels and create boundary overlays, over the past 4 weeks i have been unable to get it working, it constantly come back with a load error :mad:

does anyone know whether or not there is a new map service/site hosting the data now or are we just at the mercy of NSW titles and their poor website.?

I'm working on a researching a couple of areas and just need the crown land info to complete it.

Thanks,

Would be ArcGIS.
http://***nswtitles.minerals.nsw.gov.au/nswtitles/
Had the same problem before - contacted the web programmer via the site & they fixed it before

that's the one, still not enough posts to put up a link.

i will submit a ticket through the website, still not loading the layers this morning.

hope its not just my computer,

Thanks

Definitely an issue on their website as I've now tried it from another desktop with same error message.
I sent through an email to the tech team so hopefully they'll sort it out soon. Very handy when it's working.

They got back to me this morning & they have an issue with the NSW titles application. They are working on it & hope to have it back up by next week.
In the meantime they have suggested using Minview &/or Common Ground apps which provide some similar info but IMO nowhere near as good as the ArcGIS NSW titles app.
Hopefully they sort it soon.

thanks mbasko, i still haven't had a reply from them.

good to know that they are working on it....mainly after it for the crown land boundaries and info,

I wasn't aware of common ground, i will have to have a play with it.

Cheers,

Latest posts