The Gold Catcher

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Members,
A mate of mine has invented, developed and made a great prospecting tool.
Aimed at the small scale miner or someone that has permission to use motorised tools on a lease/claim etc.

Its effectively a dry blower but with one massive difference, it has a crusher built in to it!!
As the pay dirt is loaded onto the vibrating grizzly screen, classification starts with larger material discarded.
The material drops straight in to the adjustable speed crusher, bringing the material down to nigh on dust.
Fine material and your gold drops into the vibrating launder/air bed and riffles where an adjustable speed fan forces air up and through the material.
Heavies settle with the riffles and the lighter stuff is discarded.
The Goldcatcher will run on a 2kva generator.
It has a quick release riffle tray and takes only about ten minutes to assemble.
Once assembled it has handles and wheels so can be moved away from the oversize quickly.
No water required!

Price will be $3800

PS I have no commercial ties with this, I was simply asked for advice and could I post up the info for Jeff.
PM me for his contact details if interested.
Any questions I can try to answer or ask him for you.
1500423787_dsc00959.jpg

1500423831_dsc00950.jpg

Hi Simmo

That's a fantastic quality looking machine for a good price
looks like it's straight of the production floor!
I'm sure it'll sell well mate.

Brother said:
Mate :Y: Anything on youtube about it yet?

This is essential for marketing purposes today.

It looks great, but people also need to know the gross weight and dimensions, so they can determine how to transport it and whether it would be a two-person job to load/unload/set-up/operate the machine. Also, safety aspects need to be fully covered: protection from moving parts/belts/chains, electrical compliance, exposure to water, etc.

Looks interesting,
I'd like to see how much it can be fed with and keep up.
Grubstake has good points about compliance, it's one thing to make something for personal use, but once you sell it to the public, you can get your ass sued if it causes an injury.
I haven't really done stuff all dryblowing, so have no idea how useful an inline crusher would be.
Very interesting idea though :Y: :Y: :Y:

Good points Op,
I'll check with the compliances etc, but it all looked good to me eh? Considering its running 240vAC.
But no water too, so...hmmmm

Dry blowing for us in the Palmer never worked because the ground was never really dry...
If you could dig down say a few hundred mil, the dirt could still be 'clamped' into a fistfull, ground too wet..... even if it looked dry.
The crusher is doing so much more in its operation in getting air through the material and effectively drying it out?

Hopefully, I can convince Jeff to let me 'have' a unit next time and I'll do a you tube vid, and a real time show in real time ground.

Watch this space!

This unit looks great but is no good to an old fella like me..the hopper is way too high and I would last 3 minutes trying to shovel dirt into it. Maybe needs to be lower to the ground. Lightweight and portable is no good if old blokes need a bobcat to feed it. Still a great bit of thinking and craftsman ship. :)

Looks great, I would have loved to see some rocks going in through to see the built in crushers effectiveness and speed it can keep up with.
Looks like a well made bit of kit :Y:

I have been to his work shop in Cairns and seen it. It's bigger than it looks in the pictures and is very well made. Also it has it's own blower built in so you only need a genset.

Latest posts