What have you lost or found out hunting???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lost a couple things in the last four yrs out there detecting fortunately nothing too valuable, first thing was a homemade target on a poker chip, a 2 grain nugget epoxied to it, then this spring I lost my scoop, but was able to backtrack my trail and find it in 15 minutes or so. Older we get the more things we misplace.

4 dirty girls an 2 guys ! Nude ! Bet your prospecting wand was beepin ha ha ha ha you gave them your bourbon !, na surely not !
That doobey you were smokin musta been some good bush weed ! :D what ever happened to the bush barter system :rolleyes:

GPX battery and harness hanging off a tree in the middle of F'n nowhere, down dunolly way, back in 2011.. was a bit weird... still had the curly pwr cord attached.

Elijah said:
GPX battery and harness hanging off a tree in the middle of F'n nowhere, down dunolly way, back in 2011.. was a bit weird... still had the curly pwr cord attached.

I read some time ago of a method used to do a last minute check of your campsite. I think it was in a Jack Absalom book but I could be wrong.
When you have packed up, drive 20 or 30 metres away, park and walk back to your camp for one last look around.

Lost my Garrett Edge digger on the edge of an old oval during a night detect once, went back the next moring an someone had acquired it. :| Also lost the $1000 control box off the Deus mount one night after I tripped up, luckily being wireless I could still hear the signal coming through the control box speaker as I got closer to it when retracing my steps. :lol:

One night I found a mountain bike leaning against the foreshore rock wall whilst beach detecting, couldn't see any owner within sight, was probably flogged and dumped. Didn't entertain the idea of taking with me, had enough junk already and the cop station was a long way off. :rolleyes:

Found a pair of raybans a couple of weeks ago, ironically not too far from a place I lost my Oakley pair at. I did end up finding those sunnies but weirdly they were in a spot I crawled over on hands and knees and missed after half a dozen times, with lenses popped out and one arm missing. It's a popular spot to park to go detecting, still boggles my mind I or someone else did not not find them until many weeks later, the Oakleys caught my eye as I was coming up the creek bank and the ground surface running a horizon to my eye level. Still look out for that arm everytime I go there.

Ramjet said:
Elijah said:

I read some time ago of a method used to do a last minute check of your campsite. I think it was in a Jack Absalom book but I could be wrong.
When you have packed up, drive 20 or 30 metres away, park and walk back to your camp for one last look around.
I have been using that method for years,works very well.Done this once out at Wyangala dam and had left 3 rods and rod holders (about $300 worth)on the bank.