what do i need

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh one more thing. Don't forget to carry something for your finds. A big one ( I have a bum bag ) for the junk and usually a pill bottle for the good stuff.

1499770816_25g_find.jpg

We try to carry out ALL the junk we find. Sometimes it's impossible because there's just too much or it's too big but this is all I found in this spot on that particular morning. Later we went back and chained the patch and got a dozen or more little bits but at least we had removed some of the rubbish the first time around.

yeah i just got it im not sure what to do and what to run the mono or the other one and all those settings will be reading for a while over and over

I started out by holding down the start switch. That gave me factory settings and i went from there. I had the 14"Coiltek Elite mono and just stuck with that one coil while I learned more about what I was doing. There's enough to learn without adding a range of coils to the confusion.

Madtuna wrote.
clean undies in case you're in an accident big_smile

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw years ago of little kid in school uniform (probably his first school day) talking to his mum and he says "but if I had an accident I'd shit myself anyway mum". :) :p :lol:

Rob.

A good magnet can help pick out metal. Speeds up small targets in the dirt sometimes. A pair of riggers gloves when digging. Helps to keep dirt off your machine after a dig. There are plastic clips available that you can peg the gloves to your belt when not using them. Get them at work wear shops.

nice advice the last one i got back yesterday from our first time out lots of junk lol will be doing both of those

With these settings don't use headphones or a rooster booster,just a GME speaker next to your best ear..Madtuna is right about carrying picks If your swinging a bigger new style pick they are very sensitive and will pick up noise from your pick..especially when loaded with magnets..

Some sinker molds to make good use of all the bullets we find :D
Celebratory beers for the gold when it comes :Y:

Latest posts