Heading to Kal Wa for a week.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, we are heading off to The Kalg in a couple of weeks. This will be our 3rd one week prospecting trip. The other two trips were Cue And Mt Magnet both with nothing to bring home besides junk. We are hiring GPX 5000. We have booked a one day corse on detecting which I hope will pay off. I Was wondering if anyone has any tips on using this machine or spots to try around this area. Would love. To be able to show you all a photo of a find or two.

Cheers and thank you
Gutshot

Hi Gutshot, if your one day tour isn't with 'Nugget in the Hand' tours, cancel and try to organise a day out with Steve (if timings work out). I too took out a 5000 with him and I cannot rank him highly enough.
Great knowledge and tuition with the 5000 and even managed to walk away with gold at the end. I'm not taking any credibility away from other tour operators in the Kal region but in my opinion it was money well spent. Good luck and I look forward to your impending pics! PPP.

Hi, when are you heading to Kal ? I am at leonora ATM but would like to share one week with some people instead of doing my 1 month 1/2 prospecting trip alone 8.( , so If you don't mind to have another person with you let me know :)

Only my opinion but I think anywhere near Kal would have to be flogged. And there seems to be a lot more mining operations there..large and small operations..So you are probably going to tread on some people's toes..get out of Kal as far as possible..that's what I recon..

madtuna said:
a nice 90 oz piece came from near Kal 2 weeks ago :Y:

Yeah madtuna the problem that it came out. Now if you told me that there was a 90 oz piece near Kal then I'd be more fired up :p

1498628792_image.jpg
Baldy said:
Only my opinion but I think anywhere near Kal would have to be flogged. And there seems to be a lot more mining operations there..large and small operations..So you are probably going to tread on some people's toes..get out of Kal as far as possible..that's what I recon..

This bit was found near kal in an area heavily detected. I do agree with you. The further out you get the higher your chances of finding some.

Hi all just got back today. My mate found 1 1gm piece. Lots of junk. Live and learn. We had a good laugh and that helps. Cheers all.
I think you are right get well out maybe Leonora way maybe.

Thanks all.

Cheers

Gutshot,

What was the weather like over there at the moment? Temps? Over night temps etc? I am headed that way in a week or so... Thanks :)

3DDevil said:
Gutshot,

What was the weather like over there at the moment? Temps? Over night temps etc? I am headed that way in a week or so... Thanks :)

It's been a bit fresh lately with temps below zero overnight. It's been low teens during the day but the wind chill has taken a few off that too...
But it's getting warmer again now with low temps in the mid-singles and day time temps getting up to 20 in the next few days I believe :Y:

3DDevil said:
Gutshot,

Friday week ago I was out Kal way and woke up to ice on a bird bath an inch thick. The temperature was reading minus 2. 10 am the same day it was only 8. This time of year can get quite cold at night.

Latest posts