Went For A Swing.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After watching Digging Australia's Southern Highlands dig video,I just had to go out to try and scratch the itch.So I went to a park which has been around for over 100 years,found a few decimals including a $1 coin as a surface find,a few twenties,horseshoe and bullet casing etc.Lots of canslaw and ringpulls as well.Picked the kids up from school and Little Eldy wanted to go to another park for a play and I thought why not take the Alditector for another swing.He gets a play and so do I? Win win.This park has a corner store (closed down) nearby,so I figured there might be some coins about.Anyway I will let the last photo here tell the story of the second swing of the day.
1505208947_image.jpg

1505209115_image.jpg

OH YEAH,I ALMOST FORGOT,

1505209200_image.jpg

SURPRISE,SURPRISE,SURPRISE.
Itch scratched.

ktmman said:
That Florin would have brought a big smile to the dial :D
It certainly made my day ktmman,got a bit of a shock when I got a signal only a couple of feet away and pulled out a coin the same size as a florin but was unrecognisable until I cleaned it enough to realise it was only a 1967 20c piece.Cheers Goldiggerart.

So went back to the park where I found the Florin a few weeks ago.Had a beep around for a few hours,found a lot of canslaw,ring pulls and bottle caps.A 20c,3x2c including a NZ one,3x1c and a 1963 Sixpence which apparently was the last Australian Sixpence.Getting to know the Alditector and its signals a bit better,but as a gold ring will give the same signal as the ring pulls and cans it is hard not to dig everything.
1508289957_img_1424.jpg

1508290001_img_1425.jpg