CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers fellas. There certainly are a lot of sixies on this field, I've got a stack of 10 of them to clean up just from recent hunts. I've been swinging the CTX in auto sens in the +3 setting, seems to be getting some of the deeper iffier ones lately.

Almost a carbon copy of yesterdays hunt, minus the pre dec. Mostly recent drops as I've flogged this park before, I'm sure there is plenty left though as this is one of the trashiest spots I do, it's difficult to keep focused for more than 2 hours with all the junk beeps.

1499401252_20170707_135012.jpg

:cool: :Y: Nice hunt Heatho :eek: one of those spots :lol: ...Makes you want to swing in the opposite direction hey :lol:
It's funny what hides in the junky spots :party:

Struggled through the last couple of hunts in extremely trashy ground with the 10x5 coil, must have been 10 flat bottle tops to each goldie, each one of them coming up as a 12:36-39 and identical sound to a goldie. :(

Anyway I set myself the challenge but.... I hate sites like these. :)

I don't yet know if the heart brooch is silver but it could be, will have to do an SG test on it.

1499670192_20170710_150256.jpg

1499670192_20170710_150308.jpg

1499670193_20170710_150851.jpg

Yeah I know, there literally many thousands of them. I have done ok on some of these sites with the small coil and I know there must be plenty of good stuff left but geez it's hard to fight through.

Yep - the stuff we don't want people just throw it away :8 but the stuff we want that don't throw it away but keep it deep in their pockets :/

I think the pendant is zinc but happy to be wrong :)

10 to 1 on the bottle tops to goldies ratio 8) but still a good result in the end + 2 silvers :Y:

These spots can pay but are super frustrating if all you get is bottle tops. I keep hitting these trashy spots as I'm running out of sweet spots, beaches are dead this time of year and I've flogged nearly everything local I can think of. Will have to start heading further afield.

Low and slow is the way to go.... :) hehehehe Don't tell Mrs Golddigger though. lol Beauty finds mate as always the goldies win the day....OOPS I mean Silvers.. :D

I thought you had given up dreaming of local homey holes,I bet your glad you kept dreaming :cool:

Sweet silver and I really like that Australian shilling :p

Good effort :Y:

Cheers fellas. Everytime I change coils and attack directions I seem to uncover more from the sweet local spots. I think the rain we had yesterday made the soil nice and conductive for deep silver hunting too.