Tesoro compadre or fisher F2?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, complete novice here. :)

I am currently tossing up between a Tesoro compadre and a fisher f2 for a newbie (me :) with bad hearing who wants to scout mostly parks and local lakes in Canberra, but also go nugget hunting in the snowies (on the very odd occasion, most of my time will be spent in local parks. :)

I have been quoted a good deal on the f2 and compadre with only $30 difference between the two (f2 being more expensive).

Personally speaking, even tho the readout is only a guesstimate I like the idea of having one, particularly because my hearing is awful (so i Worry about being able to rely solely on a single tone only machine with no readout) and because i am a complete newbie and think the visuals may aid me in learning.

Thanks! Any advice you can give would be appreciated. :)

I have decided to get the fisher f2. I just think that having a readout and multi tone will help a nublet like myself. If I get into the hobby then will upgrade to a better unit over time. :)

Sorry, only just noticed your post. I am loving my f2 so far, it's pinpoint feature is great and am impressed with its ability to pick up the smallest of targets (found a tiny little cog wheel, looks like something from a watch that a midget would wear, prolly about 3mm in diameter). The f2 picked it up no problems, and with the inbuilt pinpoint feature I didn't have to dig a large hole to find the tiny little sucker. :)

I bought the combo pack with the standard coil, sniper coil and handheld pinpointer. The handheld isn't great but seems to do the job if you actually manage to touch the object lol, but it has helped me a couple times. The sniper coil is awesome, although being small it doesn't cover as much area as the standard coil but it's great in trashy areas. :)

Latest posts