Nugget Finder Evolution vs Coiltek mono Elite?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wats the better brand any why would you run the new nf EVO Coil or go the coiltek range of camo coils just wondering on people's opinions for use on the gpx series

Hi mate I have the new 11" Coiltek elite I have used it the last 4 times iv been out and found gold every time it's great on depth picked up a 2 grammar at about 6 to 7 inches very easily sharp sound and really good on tiny pieces to.. The only thing is it takes a bit of getting use to its extremely sensitive you really need to move slow and smooth with it as it will give a false call pretty much every time you bump it or brush up against things which can get annoying at first but with a bit of patience and some fine tuning it's a beast of a coil it will not miss gold if you go over it ..iv also heard good things about evo but havnt tried one yet ...cheers mick

Mickybees said:
Hi mate I have the new 11" Coiltek elite I have used it the last 4 times iv been out and found gold every time it's great on depth picked up a 2 grammar at about 6 to 7 inches very easily sharp sound and really good on tiny pieces to.. The only thing is it takes a bit of getting use to its extremely sensitive you really need to move slow and smooth with it as it will give a false call pretty much every time you bump it or brush up against things which can get annoying at first but with a bit of patience and some fine tuning it's a beast of a coil it will not miss gold if you go over it ..iv also heard good things about evo but havnt tried one yet ...cheers mick
Yeh I'm running the 14 in camo first trip found a bit couldn't miss it as you said but nothing since, but my local closest spot Is very trashy and we'll worked just reading a lot of mixed reaction to each coil and thought some feedback bout each would be good

Nugget Finder are lighter, better built, and waterproof. I love the tapered edge on the Evo's as it glides along the ground nicely.
The new 17x13" Evo spoke is only 960g - looking forward to putting it through it's paces soon

i have used the 14" Elite round on a 4000 for awhile, with sensitive extra, gain 11, and the batt amp activated with headphones, was able to test a 1.3 gram nugget to 13"+ buried in medium soil. It performed exceptionally well compared to the standard 15x12 commander mono 2+ inches deeper with the 14" Elite, a bit better than a 4500 and a 5000 that were included in the test that day, also it blew a 3500 out of the water bigtime. Also I found a half gram nugget out in the field in red hot soil at 4"+ with no problem with same setup.

Did the 4500 & 5000 have the 14 Elite on them as well?

Must be very mild ground if you are able to use Sens Extra with a spiral coil - lucky you ;)

"Batt amp activated" I assume you are using a later model battery. How do you go with that, as the 4000 doesn't have an adjustable target volume.

Yes, we tested all the machines with 15x12 commander mono and 14" elite round. Ground is pretty mild. I know you guys don't have that type ground at all. Adj headphones. We also tested camcorder type batts against minelab full size batt, and minelab batts were best by far and do make a difference on deep gram size nuggets, amperage being the difference here not voltage. I was using a 4500/5000 batt on the gpx4000 at the time. Learned a lot that session.

Latest posts