Australian Fisher dealers?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I have read, the cz21 comes with a rubber washer only on one side and plastic on the other. Some have tried to add another washer, though it tends to put too much pressure on the coil ears, leading to breakages. Seems to be common to convert them to Anderson shaft type setups from the get go. So sounds like an inherent issue with this particular detector.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/453325-cz21-wobbly-shaft-fix.html

Goldpick said:
Does it only come with a single rubber washer for the coil mount?
Hi it came with 2 red washers but when fitted were flush with the stem housing so were doing nothing. The agent said he will get thicker ones in, doesn't anyone carry stock ?

Goldpick said:
From what I have read, the cz21 comes with a rubber washer only on one side and plastic on the other. Some have tried to add another washer, though it tends to put too much pressure on the coil ears, leading to breakages. Seems to be common to convert them to Anderson shaft type setups from the get go. So sounds like an inherent issue with this particular detector.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/fisher-research-labs/453325-cz21-wobbly-shaft-fix.html
Yes should be a snug fit but wasnt, agent (fisher australia) said they will get thicker one sent. He said in the meantime wrap some tape around the red ones. Lol
I had some thin rubber ones and installed them is fine now and fits as normal.what is the Anderson set up ?

Hi there, I've read through the forum but nothing recent comes up.

I'm searching for a 5" Gold Bug Pro Coil Skid plate/cover and I can't seem to find anyone here in Australia that stock them.

I've tried calling numbers and sending emails and all my searches have reached dead ends.

I'm new to the detecting world and hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction or recommend a Fisher stockist please?

I'm hesitant to buy from US as I've heard that some of the 5" coils are different and the covers aren't fitting depending on the age of the coil. It would be easier to return if I buy in Aus.

Would really appreciate any help please.
Thank you
1498384071_img_8473.jpg

Been there, done that and yes, the aussie Fisher distributors are pretty hopeless. Fortunately, the readily available coil covers for your coil are too large rather than too small, so several layers of coil tape can bridge the difference and result in a snug-fitting cover.

This is how the covers look in relation to the size of coils like yours:
1498385923_coil_covers_too_large.jpg

And this pic from my current Gold Bug Pro for sale advert on this forum, shows the result of winding a few layers of coil tape around the coil to make the cover fit properly:
1498385967_2017-06-21_08.10.09.jpg

It's tidy enough, very effective and gives the coil some additional bump protection right where that is needed.

Yes that's exactly what I seem to be discovering- glad it's not just me.

Ah ha! Now it all makes sense- gotta love a bit of gaffa! Thanks Grubstake

Ridge Runner said:
You could order it direct from the US or I can order them over here and send it over,

The catch is that Fisher's part numbering system is absurdly simple but horribly confusing (just like the numerous F75 versions and upgrades!), especially since their coils and skid plates aren't directly numbered. Somewhere along the line I understand they changed the 5" coil design/construction and hence sizing, however as long as a skid plate is too large, its fitment is fixable using the above tape method. But if it turns out to be too small... :(

grubstake said:
Ridge Runner said:
You could order it direct from the US or I can order them over here and send it over,

The catch is that Fisher's part numbering system is absurdly simple but horribly confusing (just like the numerous F75 versions and upgrades!), especially since their coils and skid plates aren't directly numbered. Somewhere along the line I understand they changed the 5" coil design/construction and hence sizing, however as long as a skid plate is too large, its fitment is fixable using the above tape method. But if it turns out to be too small... :(

Yeah I had a part number issue with ordering a lower shaft from a dealer, The Gold colour is variable from machine to machine and I ended up with a two tone gold machine, Lol.

Latest posts