Caravan storage

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was looking at getting a caravan, but have nowhere to put it.
All the van storage places are all high security places and $800+ a year.
I'm not getting anything too flash and was just wondering if anyone has a bit of driveway or backyard I could pop a small van.
I'm in Croydon Vic, so something not too far from here would be great, so let me know if interested and how much you want.

Cheers Mark.

Yeah, they just have their daily or weekly rates for holidayer's I just need somewhere to park the little sucker and then take it out bush.

Cheers Mark

brentferguson said:
Im not nearby, 2 hours away in fact but if you have no other option I can probably help you out depending on the size of it :)
Thanks Mate :Y: :Y: Great to have an offer, something a little closer or in the GT would suit better, top bloke to put your hand up mate :Y:

aussiefarmer said:
Van storage is simple chain it to a tree on the street with a for sale sign asking 50 times its value no one will ring and it wont look abandoned, and if someone does buy it you can laugh for the rest of your life . :Y:

Ohhh Aussie, bless your country dirt road heart!
In the big smoke we have this thing called A Hole councils that just love to meddle and F with every little thing you want to do.
I had a trailer in the street previously, it was just a little trailer, not a caravan and the bloody council put impoundment stickers on it after it wasn't moved for 3 days! I rang the sons of bitch council and apparently they can just seize any trailer they like if it's on public roads for longer than three days!
I pay my bloody rates and that's what you get.
Trust me Aussie, stay on the dirt roads mate.

OK I decided to store it in Noah's are storage in macclesfield, just in an open yard.
$600 a year. That's not too far from me.
If anyone else is interested the number is 0417 759 004 Talk to Mike.

For anyone looking to store a van in the GT the Talbot football club store them for $10 a week, not sure how secure that is there?

Daylesford holiday park also do storage in a secure area close to office/residence $15 per week.
http://daylesfordholidaypark.com.au/

Creswick calembeen also store for $15 per week, or $50 per calendar month ($600 year)
http://www.creswickcaravanpark.com.au/

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and I hope the above info is useful to others.

BTW the caravan parks that don't do storage that I contacted are:
Clunes
Shady acres ballarat
Jubilee lake holiday park daylesford.
Maryborough caravan park