Wally69's Nugget Hunting Practice. The By-Catch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1491729917_image.jpg
silver said:
Exciting times Wally ! Maybe they cashe'd some loot for safe keeping while away from the tents too ,... keep that ear pricked mate !
:Y: :p :Y:

Well, look and you shall find........evidence of what was once there :D :lol: :D

Found the handle and a nameplate from a stash box this evening under a rock ledge. Unfortunately it looks like the gold sovereigns were retrieved over a century ago. 8.(

Did manage to pull a few more relics and a couple of penny's. Think the cone is off a powder horn, possibly a leather one as I couldn't find the flask. Penny's are 1891 and 1901.

Looking like pirate treasure must be there (ha).
If the sovereign retrieval was rushed with fretting rearward glances, there may have been a tumble downhill and a really good coinspill spread to find ,.... maybe put yourself in their position those 100 years ago and follow discreetly those ghostly fateful steps to the prize. ]:D :rainbow: O:) (if it be there)

Nice coins Wally, hmmm golden lead, hammer time..... Just to make sure. I've dreamed of gold in our general area, just pulling my own leg with dreams like that..... :)

Smoky bandit said:
Wally69 said:
Another cave ...... Another coin spill :D

Elephant had his trunk up too, don't think the 100yo shilling would have seen daylight without it :lol:

Will need to give it a clean to see if it shines

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1492937988_image.jpg
Beat me by 1 yr on the shilling today wally...Nice find :Y: :D

I think mine might have another year of pocket rubbing as well SB, not too confident it has a great deal of detail left on it. It is surprising the amount of buildup on the silver coins I find in these iron indurated sandstone caves.

Your 1918 is in great condition for a beach find :cool:

Managed to partially clean this great coin that was minted in a not so great year.

1493094393_image.jpg

:rolleyes: During the battles of 1917 on the Western Front eighteen Australians won the Victoria Cross; many, many, many more didn't.

Lest we forget.

It is not every day that I find 2mil buried in the ground :D

1495334150_image.jpg

1495334077_image.jpg

1927 - Parliament House in Canberra is officially opened, Charles Kingsford Smith and his copilot Charles Ulm complete a round-Australia flight in ten days, five-and-a-half hours, Melbourne gangster Squizzy Taylor is killed in a shootout with Sydney gangsters