High banker pump size and water feed

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that mate but im a bit confused on what the backwards cuts are? I went out for my first run last weekend at oallen aka flower ally with my set up and yelled about 1/2 gram with dream mat and a set of dodgy set of wrap around spray bars and to many holes plenty of volume and not enough pressure. The grzlys are removable and can be switched with plate I'm making a gate for it now . Heading out tomorrow with the minny recirculating to sample wher i have found a couple of .2 chunks its a bitch to climb and even harder to get back down with full buckets to feed the river sluce so if all goes well i will move in my bigger gear i love this high banking.

The backwards cuts are an angled cut in the pipe pointing back toward the top of the feedbox, thus placing some upward pressure to assist keeping the material up, and washing in the box. When you gently hit them with a blowtorch they open up nicely, practice on scrap first.

Sorry I never did that pic, it's all set up in the back yard now actually as I was showing it to Bigwave. I'll take a shot in the morning, give me a kick up the bum if I forget again. :|

The spray bar setup is really only for breaking down material so it can be processed by the riffle system.
It makes no difference at all if the material is all loose and easily dissolved. The only time when it needs to be doing the job properly is when clay is in there.
All the riffles need is enough flow and the right angle.

1498168403_backward_facing_cuts.jpg

1498168430_punch_plate_and_grizzly.jpg

1498168448_punch_plate.jpg

Here are those pics

Many bilge pumps boast gallons per hr etc. What they dont stipulate is their lift capabilities!!!
This is what the pump can realy do under load.
You can get a 12v 4000gal per hr pump, and block it off using your finger with little effort.
In other words any resistances, like distance, friction, height, length of pumping and they die in the bum.
Fine if you just want to pump a very short distance, little height, and not using spray bars to cut material.
river sluice application, and limited at that.

Latest posts