Exempt rivers and creeks Victoria - information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nucopia said:
Its a debacle
Its a shame we dont have any lawyers on the forum that could challenge this for us
If the tattslotto win is in the millions it's right near the top of the to do list....

OldGT said:
nucopia said:
Its a debacle
Its a shame we dont have any lawyers on the forum that could challenge this for us
If the tattslotto win is in the millions it's right near the top of the to do list....
but there's no gold in the exempt creeks and rivers, they are exempt so no-one wastes
their time and energy digging there for nothing and disturbing things..

20xwater said:
OldGT said:
nucopia said:
Its a debacle
but there's no gold in the exempt creeks and rivers, they are exempt so no-one wastes
their time and energy digging there for nothing and disturbing things..
BS :D

The yarowee's a no go... Not that you'd want to pan or bank out of it. The shit farm dump there crap couple times a year in it.

Hi all Im in victoria, I'm a newbie and really struggling to figure out where i can and cannot detect. I have the exempted river/creeks list. I also know that most nation parks are out of bounds. All i can find is info that says most state parks are ok? How do i know for sure? Im headed up donnolly creek way soon for a week or so. I know donnollys creek is on the exempted list so does that actualy mean just down in the creek or the edge of it, the bank or what? So sorry if these are stupid questions. Is everywhere else around that area ok eg. White star, morning star area, o'tools ect. Im not expecting to find much im just out to learn and get familiar with my detector. Just worried about doing the wrong thing. Thanks in advance for your help

Thanks occasional_panner Ive read and printed out those two links. It just says "most state parks" are fine but i cant get to the bottom of the "most". how do i find out which ones precisely are not ok. We camp in state forrest mostly as we have dogs.

Im interested in coins and relics ect for the most part so was hoping there may be some of that up there in those areas more so than gold. I know there was lots of old townships up there and settlements up that way.

Oh dear lol sorry lonewolf i had no idea.great user name you have, great minds so they say? I happy to change my username if some one tells me how lol .

LoneWolf said:
Mods will know.... They know Everything... :lol: ]:D O:)

LW....
BS!

OK anything with park in the name you can't go, state or national.
State forest is ok to prospect in, providing that it does not contravene the exempted rivers list or any of these requirements

"Prohibited Crown land
Prohibited Crown land is land where recreational prospecting is banned and includes land that is:
a park under the National Parks Act 1975 including land that is a national, wilderness, State or other park or reserve or a marine national park or marine sanctuary, except in designated areas of specific parks under that Act (see Permitted Areas in Certain Parks under the National Parks Act);
a declared area for ongoing protection under the Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006;
a reference area under the Reference Areas Act 1978;
a Deep Lead Nature Conservation Reserve (No. 2) under the Crown Land (Reserves) Act 1978;
an area exempted by the Minister for Energy and Resources or Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water; or
an area exempted from recreational prospecting or an extractive industry or otherwise exempted under the Mineral Resources (Sustainable Development) Act 1990 or any other Act."

And if you are unsure about a specific area call the earth resources centre http://earthresources.vic.gov.au/ea...reational-prospecting-and-fossicking/contacts

Just to add the parks link that Bigwave and I both gave are the parks that you can prospect in, BUT only in the areas marked on the attached maps.
Those are the only parks you can prospect in.

LoneWolf said:
Sorry Op im not talking about where to go, lonewolf26 asked how to change avatar, So I responded to that.... :cool:

LW...
That's ok mate, I was saying BS to the mods knowing everything.
Hell even the great panner doesn't know everything, how on earth would the mods have a hope in hell of that task. ]:D ]:D ]:D

lonewolf26 said:
Oh dear lol sorry lonewolf i had no idea.great user name you have, great minds so they say? I happy to change my username if some one tells me how lol .
He'll get over it.
There are two states between the wolves, plenty of room. :|

You got a bee in your bonnet Bloke. {)

Occasional_panner said:
LoneWolf said:
Sorry Op im not talking about where to go, lonewolf26 asked how to change avatar, So I responded to that.... :cool:

LW...
That's ok mate, I was saying BS to the mods knowing everything.
Hell even the great panner doesn't know everything, how on earth would the mods have a hope in hell of that task. ]:D ]:D ]:D