⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bjay said:
Great finds there syndyne. Gotta love pulling bits out of others old digs :Y:

Cheers Bjay,

Yeah, you've gotta love it! Never ceases to put a smile on my face when the target left behind was gold. It's still a fairly common occurrence around these old areas that are tough to deal with, in not as much as gold depth goes, but definitely as far as hot ground and high EMI go. It gets real nasty at times. The SDC and Zed can really power through at those times. :)

Regards,
Shauno.

Shauno, I reckon that's the real power of the Zed over the GPXes - the EMI and hot ground.
Yes they punch a little deeper, find smaller and porous gold, but their real power is EMI and hot ground rejection - not hot rocks but hot ground! I'm very OK with not digging tiny gold so don't care about that, but I also hate EMI and digging hot ground :mad:
You've a great machine and a grand dad to use it with.
Cheers BW

Syndyne said:
Definitely as far as hot ground and high EMI go it gets real nasty at times. The SDC and Zed can really power through at those times. :)

Regards,
Shauno.

It's reports like these that make me want a GPZ sooner rather than later, unfortunately for me it'll still be a while. Like you and everyone else BW I hate digging ground noise, some ground is so hot I won't use the GPX for this reason. Similarly times of day in areas EMI has given me plenty of grief. I'm no expert on the GPX or any machine but I'm confident I know enough to know when to switch to the SDC or just start with it from the get go.

Great effort From the father son team. Stoked Al was there to see a few of those bigger lumps be liberated Shauno, treasure those moments as they are the real gold.
Glad the tally climbed right up in the end, 18g is tops for ground that has been worked for many years.
Hope to see you guys up the Ridge soon :Y:
Reeko

Had a good day, found my biggest and my smallest nuggets today after my first nugget 4 days ago :D

My biggest one at 4 inches, very clear signal
1498047076_img_0536.jpg

1498047293_img_0526.jpg

And My smaller, 0.04 g , I don't even know how I picked up this fellow, there was a typical very very very little and faint signal over the Rocks and after I moved them I was able to swing against the ground and something was there, 1 or 2 centimeters down. :D

1498047657_img_0532.jpg

Total for the day 8 nuggets for 3,3grams :) ( and a lot of hot rocks, rubbish....and ground noises :mad: )

Thank you all :) yes I'm very happy about how small the GPZ can pick up, but Trust me, it was horrible to pinpoint :D

I got 3 nuggets this morning, after I changed a bit my settings, 0.04. 0.05 and a 0.37 but didn't take any photos, too busy with the pick :lol:

And I'm on the way to get the approbation from a gold company to go detecting on 3 of their mining lease, just have to return them some documents today by email and after that it's a matter of days or hours :)

Very impressive gasco29, can I ask for your Zds settings please, still playing around with mine.

Gravity said:
Very impressive gasco29, can I ask for your Zds settings please, still playing around with mine.

For me it was pretty hard to pinpoint a .04 it took me 5 good minutes to find it 8.( but so happy to have found that small, at least I know I'm doing right with the settings :D

Here are my settings ( quite hot ground )

High yield
Difficult
Threshold 24 ( will give it a go tomorrow with a lower threshold )
Audio smoothing off
Volume 10
Sensitivity 14
And with headphones

Found 3 tiny bits today with these settings .34 .13 and .14

Good luck ?

Nice work gasco.

Nice that you can rub your sensitivity up that high - mustn't be much EMI around?

I'm assuming ground is too hot for Normal ground mode? Could try Normal with sensitivity way down at 1 or 2 - but you might end up with heaps of hot rocks. Difficult does a great job of knocking out hot rocks but can also knock out gold.

The other thing that is really worth a try is General/difficult - you might just find a few bigger ones (5+ grams) hiding in the dirt you've already been over.

Everything is worth a try - especially on undug targets to see the variation settings make.

It's great that you've given youself a good amount of time there too and not just a hit and run trip.

Good digging to you :Y:

Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd post my first finds with the GPX and the Evo 12" It has taken about 5 weeks to dig a bit of yellow with my own machine. Have been using the Evo for about 10 days now. What a difference a good coil makes. The small .16g nugget put out a clear signal at a depth of about 2 or 3 inches. The larger piece was also a strong signal at about 6" depth. A big thankyou goes out to my mate "Dasha" who has patiently helped me hone my detecting skills.

Tathradj, your new coil would have loved both of these targets.
1498194202_img_0138.jpg

Cheers

Les