First time out, hooked!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out to GG yesterday with my partner and grandparents.
Grandparents got tired pretty fast and napped in the car most of the afternoon after no luck with gold.
Me and Chris (my partner) got stuck in and shortly realized we didn't have the right gear, thankfully however, others did and they were kind enough to lend us a set of sieves and give us a very very appreciated lesson on how to do everything properly, from where to look, through to how to see them best in the vial.
With their help we walked away happy and very proud of our two sapphires...
So you can only imagine how thrilled we were when we got home and looked through our spinnels ( i kept all the ones i found as well just in-case...) and found another 6 green and yellow sapphires! :D :D
Completely hooked. Now we just have to save some money and get the right equipment!
A MASSIVE Thank you to Glen and his two friends (sorry i cant remember their names, im not even 100% i got yours right). Great day. :D

Was going to go with Glen ,Mariann and Hayley to GG on the weekend,but was unable to.
Sounds like you had a great time.
You could not have picked a better person than Glen to show you the ropes.
all the best Steve

Great to see that you all had a good time. Look forward to catching up out there some time. Always double check those spinels over a torch light at the end of the day, as the best blue stones look almost the same as the spinels. ;) Best of luck on the next trip,

cheers Wal.

Latest posts