EOI Makro Gold Racer

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

What_Trigger

Nathan
Reaction score
Currently looking to sell a next to new makro gold racer, only used a couple of times and still on original batteries
Comes with control box, battery box cover plus pin pointer.

Was purchased on the 1/1/17 through Phasetech

selling due to wife surprising me with a TDI SL for a slightly belated anniversary gift since I was looking into that or the QED

looking for $800 which will include insured postage

I know you will be honest so Is it as good as they say in the write ups
Built on the cutting-edge RACER technology, the Gold RACER offers advanced gold prospecting capabilities. Operating at 56 kHz frequency, the Gold RACER detects the tiniest nuggets while ignoring harsh ground conditions and hot rocks in gold fields around the world.
Apart from its exceptional ground handling capability, the waterproof search coils make the Gold RACER an excellent gold detector for use in streams and rivers, too.
Advanced features such as iSAT (Intelligent Self-Adjusting Threshold), iMask (Intelligent Masking), Tone Break, Audio Boost, superior discrimination ability as well as its improved ergonomics make this detector the most versatile detector on the market for finding nuggets, micro jewellery and even coins

It does work ""Very well"" when used in soils i guess a VLF was designed for but around Durikai where i detect its ironstone central, hell the soil itself sticks to my magnet, not small rocks etc but the fine soil. It does suffer badly in these conditions, the eureka i was using prior is definitely smoother in the 6.4khz setting but in saying that i was still frequently pinging solid signals that where hotrocks.

There is a Youtube video of a guy finding a very fine sliver of gold in clay'ish looking dirt with it up this way but it was on private property. unfortunately I dont have access to any private property's, there may be some more benign ground where i am but just havn't found it yet.

In saying all this, you can tame it down to run pretty smooth but at the expense of its main strength, small gold sensitivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts