⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul13 said:
Nice gold Brucee :Y:

Went for a 2 days trip on Thursday /Friday and had a night at a motel in Inglewood (I'm pretty sure the owner is a prospector because his office was covered by pictures of big nuggets :eek: )

Inglewood QLD or VIC ?

Thanks Paul,
I do a bit of detecting around the Dunolly area, haven't made my way to Inglewood as yet, thinking my next trip will be around that way come August. I know what uyou mean with the mozzie's too, I was at Tarnagulla last week and near ate me alive.
What detector you running?

I got a gpz
Did you find anything in tarnagulla?
I went to dunolly and tarnagulla few time when I started detecting but I didn't find anything bigger than 0.2.. :rolleyes:
Probably because i didn't find the sweet spot
Or because I didn't know what to look for..
I saw a lot of peoples detecting there so I guess they find good gold...

They mighta been like sheep, just milling around where gold had been found ,... lotsa detectorists does not a good spot make :Y:
this all comin from a treasure hunter mind you. :lol:

Running an SDC, first target at Tarnagulla was a 0.03, then nothing after that but plenty of shot. Changed spots and picked up another two near Moliagul which were only a couple of feet apart so all up 0.45 for the day and plenty of lead. Anyway that's how things go I suppose ;)

Bjay said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/5449/1497603088_image.jpgnearly finished with the cleaning.would this be classed as crystalline gold?. Looks like some photos I've seen that say crystalline. Looks way rougher under the loupe than in the photo.
That's definitely a keeper Bjay:Y: fantastic piece mate. I reckon it looks a lot better scrubbed up. Maybe if it was quartz instead of ironstone i would've left it and what axtyr said, just soak and scrape mate then repeat.

Dig'n-it said:
Paul13
The photos in the office are from people who stay there.
Well done on your finds. That's a good haul for 2 days. Cheers
:eek: impressive :eek:
Any of those nuggets are yours dig'n it?
Or maybe you don't want to tell everyone ;)
Thank you guys for all the comments :Y:

Sc75 hope you will have a great day !
I guess at 12 yo Xbox vs bush it's a hard choice.
hope to see tomorrow some of those nice nuggets you show us but find by the son :D

SC75
Good luck tomorrow. Knowing you you'll have a big nug to show tomorrow night. I look forward to seeing it.
I myself are heading off to the State Library Vic (in Melbourne city) to do some goldfield research tomorrow. Have to find me that less troden gold bearing spot. I'm looking forward to see what Historic docs I can find. Cheers

Paul13 said:
Dig'n-it said:
Paul13
The photos in the office are from people who stay there.
Well done on your finds. That's a good haul for 2 days. Cheers
:eek: impressive :eek:
Any of those nuggets are yours dig'n it?
Or maybe you don't want to tell everyone ;)
Thank you guys for all the comments :Y:
I did give them a photo but not sure if it is up. Will check next trip.
It's a friendly gold detecting community in the Motel/Caravan Park. I've got to know a few of the regulars.
Jerry & Pauline, the owners, are extremely friendly and hospitable.
May see you up there some time. Cheers

1497780915_img_2036.jpg

Redid an old spot near Talbot. Got six tiny pieces the first time. This time I went back with a rake and got ten more tiny pieces for half a gram. Size still alludes me.

Latest posts