XP Deus Australia Product questions and answers.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen one made of 10mm PVC pipe.
It had a T Section then 2 x 90's coming off each only about an inch of Pipe between.

Pretty sure he had 2 rubber stoppers on the end of each of the 90 Degree ends too.

Only thing I cant remember is how it was attached to shaft.

Probably $5 worth of bits from Bunnings or I could make them and charge $49.95 :D

Hope That helps. I don't normally have too many drama's except with elliptical coil, that will not lay on the heel of the coil as there is no V section cut out. The other coils sit in that V section pretty good usually. Except hills, Then I just lay it facing down/up hill, I have it roll away on me once in Ararat on a particularly steep hill. . LOL

Cheers

Clegy

The rear stand is actually the slide on mount for the control box on the XP Goldmaxx detector, which also uses the same shaft setup. Hence why it doesn't offer the best stability in the world.

I find most of the time the Deus sits on the heel of the hand grip and bottom of the coil, either way I just place the Deus on the ground any way up. It's pretty tough, haven't had an issue over the last two years, and it doesn't get an easy time either.

Best insurance is to get decent covers for the remote and shaft assembly, mine does a real good job at protecting against knocks and general wear & tear. As far as producing an aftermarket mount that to keep the Deus upright, probably best to look at a small foot mounted underneath the hand grip, have seen a few on the internet that work well and probably the cheapest solution.

These are the covers I purchased for my Deus:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302232568789

This the XP Goldmaxx control box mounted on the Deus stem assembly:

1497693874_images-1.jpg

Goldpick said:
The rear stand is actually the slide on mount for the control box on the XP Goldmaxx detector, which also uses the same shaft setup. Hence why it doesn't offer the best stability in the world.

I find most of the time the Deus sits on the heel of the hand grip and bottom of the coil, either way I just place the Deus on the ground any way up. It's pretty tough, haven't had an issue over the last two years, and it doesn't get an easy time either.

Best insurance is to get decent covers for the remote and shaft assembly, mine does a real good job at protecting against knocks and general wear & tear. As far as producing an aftermarket mount that to keep the Deus upright, probably best to look at a small foot mounted underneath the hand grip, have seen a few on the internet that work well and probably the cheapest solution.

These are the covers I purchased for my Deus:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/302232568789

This the XP Goldmaxx control box mounted on the Deus stem assembly:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1695/1497693874_images-1.jpg

Over here they make some really good covers for the GMP and the others that are styled like that one,

clegy said:
I have seen one made of 10mm PVC pipe.
It had a T Section then 2 x 90's coming off each only about an inch of Pipe between.

Pretty sure he had 2 rubber stoppers on the end of each of the 90 Degree ends too.

Only thing I cant remember is how it was attached to shaft.

Probably $5 worth of bits from Bunnings or I could make them and charge $49.95 :D

Hope That helps. I don't normally have too many drama's except with elliptical coil, that will not lay on the heel of the coil as there is no V section cut out. The other coils sit in that V section pretty good usually. Except hills, Then I just lay it facing down/up hill, I have it roll away on me once in Ararat on a particularly steep hill. . LOL

Cheers

Clegy

yep :)i bought 3 of the guy who came up with them on ebay..when he released them,he gave ya 3 for 20 bux (that ended real quick!) and basically, they fit all detectors with,i think, its 7/8 diameter round shafts,which was just about everything bar the more esoteric machines, like the minelabs and deus etc..but i tell ya, i use them on my fishers etc, and they do a great job of keeping ya detector up and out of the dirt etc, im too worried, i might scratch up my deus if i try one on it (yeah, im real anal about things like that,lol)...

hi guys, had my deus a few days now,and come across something im not used to and that is detector overload, or in the deus's case lack.. i mean, on every detector i have owned or used , you know when you touch metal with the coil, you get blasted with an overload tone and/or get the overload message on the screen and detector stops id'ng..however my deus does not (and yes ive played with the audio overload setting) it keeps id ing, no onscreen warning, no screen indication of overload, i put the coil on top of my ss sc oop,and most detectors would blow you off your feet with the overload warning,not the deus :(..im on version 4..is this normal?? cheers guys:)

There is no Overload as such, you just get a proper audio blast and the horseshoe will fill up to indicate a very strong signal.

My 705 used to have OL come on screen but it is not the same with deus.

The deus will try and ID the massive target to a point.

Is it a new machine or an second hand one?

Clegy

I think you can put the difference down to the Deus overload being a tone vs many other detectors which offer an actual "alarm" when too close to large metal objects. Whether that is a good or bad thing will be completely up to the individual, though I have no real issue deciphering whether a large target is close to the surface via the intensity of the tones, pinpointing, target sizing etc.

The downside of having an overload alarm on many detectors, is when you have a disproportional gain or sensitivity control. Basically the sensitivity is boosted at higher levels causing the overload to come into play over not so large objects close to the surface, and even overloading on highly mineralised ground if running a too higher gain. My Racer 2 will overload on smaller items lIke nails if close enough to the surface, so you do not alway get the desired result from this feature, and also have little control over when it cuts it other than use of the sensitivity control - same for the Fisher F75.

The sensitivity/gain on the Deus is much more linear, forgiving, and easier to set than the above mentioned detectors. It also offers more flexible settings like audio response, frequency and lower reactivity to achieve better response from deeper targets vs using raw gain/sensitivity alone to achieve a similar result.

I do believe the original red racer in particular had issues overloading on mineralised ground, though the threshold for the overload was increased on the Racer 2 to stop it from cutting in too soon.

So the bottom line is that I would prefer to have the more flexible settings as on the Deus, rather than having a factory set overload with little or no control over when it cuts in, and on what sized objects it would trigger on.

I hope that makes some sense. :D

clegy said:
There is no Overload as such, you just get a proper audio blast and the horseshoe will fill up to indicate a very strong signal.

My 705 used to have OL come on screen but it is not the same with deus.

The deus will try and ID the massive target to a point.

Is it a new machine or an second hand one?

Clegy

Cheers :)..it was just a deus newbie freaking out over a '' feature'' he's not used too,lol :)...

Deus i got is secondhand, i traded a couple of machines with a mate in England..it looks hardly used,box looks new..he is going to send me the reciept for the remote, i think its a yr old if that..he said, he would look after me if i had any problems, but i was going to give you a call and see what my warranty oiptions are :).. i also bought a new pair of ws 4's and a 9 inch coil of gumtree,bloke said they never been used, but i didnt get any paperwork off him(only bought them,coz it was a good deal, and thought they be good spares for my unit (wish it was an 11 inch coil,tho,as mine is already the 9 inch setup,lol))...

Goldpick said:
I think you can put the difference down to the Deus overload being a tone vs many other detectors which offer an actual "alarm" when too close to large metal objects. Whether that is a good or bad thing will be completely up to the individual, though I have no real issue deciphering whether a large target is close to the surface via the intensity of the tones, pinpointing, target sizing etc.

The downside of having an overload alarm on many detectors, is when you have a disproportional gain or sensitivity control. Basically the sensitivity is boosted at higher levels causing the overload to come into play over not so large objects close to the surface, and even overloading on highly mineralised ground if running a too higher gain. My Racer 2 will overload on smaller items lIke nails if close enough to the surface, so you do not alway get the desired result from this feature, and also have little control over when it cuts it other than use of the sensitivity control - same for the Fisher F75.

The sensitivity/gain on the Deus is much more linear, forgiving, and easier to set than the above mentioned detectors. It also offers more flexible settings like audio response, frequency and lower reactivity to achieve better response from deeper targets vs using raw gain/sensitivity alone to achieve a similar result.

I do believe the original red racer in particular had issues overloading on mineralised ground, though the threshold for the overload was increased on the Racer 2 to stop it from cutting in too soon.

So the bottom line is that I would prefer to have the more flexible settings as on the Deus, rather than having a factory set overload with little or no control over when it cuts in, and on what sized objects it would trigger on.

I hope that makes some sense. :D

you dead right, as usual chris :), i just got to spend a little more time with her..which could become hard,as i just got my hands on my first ctx yesterday, now i got 2 machines that require a little extra effort(not so much the ctx,as the etrac has given me a heads up with it)..