You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

MartinM
17 June 2017 08:27 pm

Just got an Garret VLF/TR from ebay today with three coils.
Any tips for correct use from anyone with any knowledge?

What you do is what you do.

Goldpick
17 June 2017 09:09 pm

Have you got any pics of it? Might help out with identifying the exact model, and make it easier for those that might be able to offer some advice - congratulations on the purchase. smile

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

MartinM
17 June 2017 09:34 pm

Sorry here is the picture, i didn't pick it up yet.

1497695688_s-l500.jpg

1 user likes this post: silver

Goldpick
18 June 2017 02:34 am

Garrett ADS Deepseeker going by the listing, I don't have any first hand experience on them so hopefully someone else will chime in.

Here's the instructions in case you don't already have them (PDF download):

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&sour … ZNhEfLgVoA

Prospecting gear: Used - Whites GM3, GM2, GMT, ML XT17000, ML X-Terra 305, Garrett Gold Stinger, Tesoro Vaquero, Nokta RS pinpointer, Minelab Explorer SE Pro/Etrac, Ace 250
Current - XP Deus, Makro Racer 2, Fisher F75, Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics G2, Whites SPP, Garrett Infinium, Minelab Go-Find 60, XP MI-6, Minelab Profind, Whites Bullseye TRX, Deteknix X-pointer, Garrett AT Pointer

2 users like this post: TonyynoT, MartinM

MartinM
18 June 2017 04:57 pm

I picked the Garret ADS Deep seeker up this morning and tried it out on a gold ring about 6 Inch deep and it did detected it easy.
Had to learn the settings and it looks like i am missing the little stalk going from the handle on the box to the elbow rest sad
So have to make one at work tomorrow if i have some time.
This thing is very sensitive and i have to see how i can learn how to operate it.
I have the manual and printed it out to take with me on my first outing with it.

1 user likes this post: cashgoldsilver

cashgoldsilver
18 June 2017 05:36 pm

I can relate although it has been a busy 4 years since I first turned the soil,but saying that it still feels like yesterday.

Keep asking questions and keeping hitting the ground and it will come to you.

Good luck thumbsup

Last edited by cashgoldsilver (18 June 2017 05:38 pm)

Garrett SeaHunter Mk 2 - 8" Mono Coil - 14" Elliptical Mono Coil - Teknetics Delta 4000 - 5" Nel DD Coil - 8" Teknetics Concentric Coil - Garrett A.T. Pro Pinpointer - Oldest Coin 1881 British Shilling - C-ash is King - G-old is Insurance - S-ilver is Speculation.

1 user likes this post: MartinM

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site