metal detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all Members,l live in the Noosa area,and would like to meet other Members from around the District who are keen to get out to the Eastern Goldfields.I have built a Autosweep Contraption, suitable for open flat ground and am ready to field test if any Member knows of a worthwhile place with Landholders Permission,I would love to hear from you. Cheers,New Member, Mygotect

Hi mygotect. Welcome to the forum.

I'll take the bait...what is an autosweep contraption? Like one of those little auto robot vacuum cleaner thingos picking up the dust off the paddocks?

Hi northeast ,now that you've taken the '' BAIT '' Ha! Its a small fibreglass trailor 1500mm wide by 2900 long with Deus coil fitted to apparatus that moves left to right and visa versa at variable depth in 1mt width sweeps Driven by V-belts and stop start by electronic controls which are on-board Modified Golf Buggy Which push the whole thing along..All is built from composite material,so no metal parts within 2900mm
That's the Short version and I am Dying to get out and do proper field tests in the right area. Cheers,