Ver 4 Problems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Deus has developed some problems since updating to V4. It sometimes does not find the coil and have to turn it off and back on again and sometimes the speaker just drops out and same thing have to turn off and back on again. Have got the latest download from XP is anyone else having dramas with V4?

Hi Mate,
The only confirmed drama I have had to deal with is an 11 inch coil lost battery life. I am replacing battery to get it functioning properly again. There have been a few cases of the pin pointer not playing the connect game as well but it's always just an off and on again fix.

I believe the latest patch was added about 2-3 weeks ago mostly for the MI-6.

If the drama persists please reach out and we'll work to get it sorted. If you can email me a good description as to what is happening I'll liaise with XP in France and see what Input they have too. Hopefully it's a simple fix mate.

Sorry to hear your having drama, I'm here if you need me.

Clegy

The problem is it does not happen every time I use it. I am out of town and only took the Deus and it keeps playing up on me but this morning working fine again. Seems to be an intermittent problem at this stage will be in contact Clegy if it gets worse.

I've also had some issues with coil dropouts on the newer HF coil, a few times it would even initialise when first turned on. It also made the pinpointer changeover drop out sometimes as well, not enough to be a pain, though a niggling issue all the same. Considering I uploaded V4.0 when it very first came out, the other night I reloaded V4.0, and the following day I had zero dropouts and the Mi-6 worked fine over several hours.

Will see how it goes tomorrow and report back.

Andy Sabisch mentioned today that the comms issue with the pinpointer/control box/coil will be sorted on Version 4.1 which is to be released shortly. Hopefully we will also see the Go-detect app released with some luck. :)

Seems to be a random problem, experienced it personally on GWs Deus but have not experienced it on mine.

Just an update on the MI-6 connection issues, still occuring though quite random. Haven't downloaded the beta update as yet, though the issue of the coil not switching back in seems more prevalent when using the HF coil than my original 11" coil. Not too fussed about it, but it would be good to see a proper fix sooner than later (ie an official software fix release).

Also had another issue crop up, the round HF coil is failing to read full charge on the remote, even after 3 hours of charging. Funny thing is that I got several hours of detecting done on one bar of power - don't know if the remote is mis-reading the charge status of the HF coil.??? :|

I also have the white coil, gold one, and sometimes it will nor reconect to the coil after using the MI6. I have to turn the PP on and off to restart the Detector. Sometimes, I also need to switch the Detector off and then back on
It usually happens after about 2 hours of Detecting.
Not such a bog problem, but anoying just the same.

You also have to ensure that the coil is nowhere near metallic objects when switching over from the coil to pinpointer, otherwise the MI-6 will go a bit haywire. Found this especially the case using the 11" and 13x11" coils.

This I think is the biggest issue is that everyone is having different experiences (95% have no drama at all) and its no 1 combination of things causing the drama.
Most have reported that 4.1beta fixed the issue with the pointer, a few have reported it hasn't.

In my research I can't find a set pattern of events or even it happening all the time. No one has reported total and complete failure it's always "sometimes" and "after a few hours" or "On yesterdays hunt..... But today it was fine"

Really hard to pin down a root cause.

I am communicating with XP as to what to do moving forward, personally I had few issues with V4 and I have been running it since february this year as a beta.
The odd time it would not link up after using pointer but it happened with a few coils.

Updated to beta 4.1 in the last day or so and so far no drama, in fact had a very productive hunt?

I'll keep everyone informed via the newsletter and facebook as to what is happening, wish I knew more but I simply don't.

My Humblest apologies for the Inconvenience caused by these issues, The Fix is out of my control but I will keep drilling away for info and solutions for those few who seem to be getting the worst of it.

Clegy

I am back on V4.0 as of today, in hope that it is more stable. Every 3rd hunt, I have been getting coil connection issues, and no sound to the ws4s after switching off the pinpointer. That's two issues, and they usually happen on the same hunt. I am concerned that my 11inch coil, is one of the 5% reported to be faulty. I am a bit ticked-off with these issues, and want it fixed soon.

Definitely think it is soley V4.0 that is the root cause of the issues, and yes the mentioned issues can be very unpredictable and random. Getting the same responses from users on the US forums, though always hard to tell how many are affected out the total ownership pool.

Clegy, I understand your predicament, and it is an issue that can only be resolved through XP alone vs you endlessly swapping out gear to try and sort things. I think the fact that no offical update with bug fixes has yet been released tells you the story that they are still having some issues or are still testing. Whilst the issues are an inconvenience, they don't really affect my detecting activities too much - probably lucky that our detectors even have the capability to be updated online, imagine if you had to send it back to the factory every time something went amiss.

Rocket, maybe try going back to 3.2 and use the pinpointer in non-wireless mode till things are sorted with an official update if it is too much of a pain. I ended up going back to using the HF coil with with the Garrett Carrot or MI-6 in non wireless mode till things are sorted, especially when there is the possibility of unknowingly walking straight over good targets due to the coil dropping out.

Goldpick, you have just saved me some money for the foreseeable future. Till the issues are sorted out by XP I won't be updating my black coils to white one or for that matter getting an MI6 any time soon.

Whisp, there's nothing wrong with the White HF coils, they work just great, in fact couldn't be happier with my round HF version. The issue only comes to light when used in conjuction with the MI-6, and changing over from pinpoint mode back to having the coil active again. The MI-6 will work just as good if better than any other pinpointer on the market in normal mode, it just the wireless mode that has a few bugs to sort out.

I've been using my demo Deus with no problems since the beta update. I had disconnections (rarely) beforehand.

As Goldpick said, the HF coil is great. Works beautifully in the goldfields in Victoria.

It's really important to let your dealer or clegy know about issues you have though, so feedback can be passed back to XP.

If anyone is having issues in Victoria, feel free to pop into the store and I will assist you with either updating to the beta, or diagnosing disconnection issues.

:)

With my HP coil. MI6 combination, I have no troubles for the first 2 - 3 hours. Then, after using the PP, and turning it off, it randomly will not connect to the coil. I have to either turn the PP back on and then off, or turn the Detector off and then back on. This seems to reset everything.
My PP also after some useage, seems to unpair itself from the Detector. I then have to pair it again. Both problems are really no big deal but they are annoying when they happen.
I am using the 4.0 version but I will try to update to the 4.1 next week to see if this solves anything.

Latest posts