Whites rumours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last year I read that whites had a patent for a hybrid P.I /VLF machine, however were without an engineer.
Also heard that there was a prototype out there and it was doing quite well.
I can't find any info online, does anyone know any more about it?

Well the "z"'s is supposed to stand for zero voltage in the 7000. Not sure how that works but it must be the only electonic device that operates on zero voltage. Sadly, I think whites have pulled their Tdi Oz because they cannot compete in the Australian market against such firmly established opposition. They will probably firm up their US market where they can make America great again. Interestingly I still have a Garrett A2B that was state of the art in 1980. Whites have a very good article on how detectors work, both vlf and pi on their web site and list some interesting limitations of both. It seems minelab have overcome or refined some of those limitations very well. On my amateur reading it seems frequency of operation and sampling as close to the end of the receive signal is pretty important. Frequency may vary depending on the country so we probably need a highly variable frequency to cater for all fields. Very low Low frequency can penetrate many metres through rock and is used for communication in mines and I think submarines use similar technology. It must be remembered in the forums, minelab have a huge number of salespeople pushing their products. It is all superfluous to me cause I, with my tdi, like tens of thousands of other detector owners, am still a gold virgin. You don't hear success stories from us no matter what the brand. Low and slow is the way to go.

I believe Whites is working on a Half Sine Wave, Constant Current nugget detector. Nothing like it in tech out there. Should be a good one once to market. I have been saving for it.

I have heard from a reliable source this is a great machine, possibly equal to or a tad better than the gpz and better than the sdc. I also read a patent update to this machine done in May 2016, adding more power. So its out there somewhere, hopefully close to production. Hopefully 2799.99. Soon. I for one cannot afford the 7999.99 gpz7000.

mbasko said:
The patent is 6 years old (filed 2011 + granted 2014) & shows no updates in the patent history? I'll believe it's better than a GPZ when it materialises not via internet rumour :rolleyes:
Buy a QED there cheap + at least available now & also rumoured to be Minelab killers? :lol:

It's going to be a long time before anything beats ML as far as Top end Gold Machines go, the Jury is still out on the GM but it's starting to look pretty good.

We kept hearing about this new super new whites machine about 2 years ago and I got dozens of emails about it, And nothing happened,

I needed more power from my All Seeing Eye so I bought a Bigger Coil and saved thousands, And the wait was over, Lol.

John.

Given the past record of the big three US detector manufacturers, plus Whites' mis-steps with their most recent introductions (Treasuremaster and MX Sport), I wouldn't be holding my breath for the emergence of anything game-changing from the USA. Like them or not, Minelab is a company built on being technology game-changers and their recent successful introductions of the SDC and GPZ, maintain that tradition.

The primary focus of the US manufacturers has always been coin, jewellery and relic detecting, with gold prospecting as an ancillary function. Now that Jimmy 'Sierra' Normandi is out of the picture at Whites, I don't see them having the driving force to get back into the gold race in a meaningful way. The frustrating problems of the Treasuremaster and MX Sport - both straightforward, single frequency, VLF machines - highlight issues with software engineering and a deficient prototype testing program. Patents or not, I think it's questionable whether the company is capable of bringing to market a bulletproof detector based on a radically new PI/VLF concept.

grubstake said:
Given the past record of the big three US detector manufacturers, plus Whites' mis-steps with their most recent introductions (Treasuremaster and MX Sport), I wouldn't be holding my breath for the emergence of anything game-changing from the USA. Like them or not, Minelab is a company built on being technology game-changers and their recent successful introductions of the SDC and GPZ, maintain that tradition.

The primary focus of the US manufacturers has always been coin, jewellery and relic detecting, with gold prospecting as an ancillary function. Now that Jimmy 'Sierra' Normandi is out of the picture at Whites, I don't see them having the driving force to get back into the gold race in a meaningful way. The frustrating problems of the Treasuremaster and MX Sport - both straightforward, single frequency, VLF machines - highlight issues with software engineering and a deficient prototype testing program. Patents or not, I think it's questionable whether the company is capable of bringing to market a bulletproof detector based on a radically new PI/VLF concept.

Yep I agree, I got caught up in all that and had cross words with people whom I had been friends with for years, And no one believed me at the time and all of what I said was proven to be true, I have since backed away from the brand and now I am loyal to only that of which works for Me,

John.

Davent. Have you noticed when the link to Detector prospector you posted is accessed. It comes up for a few seconds then completely cuts off the connection. My phone goes straight off the net. Is the subject tabboo or something?

ronniecruisin said:
Davent. Have you noticed when the link to Detector prospector you posted is accessed. It comes up for a few seconds then completely cuts off the connection. My phone goes straight off the net. Is the subject tabboo or something?

FWIW, that link works perfectly on a PC. :Y:

That link is to a post over three years old, and even then they'd been working on it for two years.
Don't anyone hold their breath on this development.

gardnep wrote:"Well the "z"'s is supposed to stand for zero voltage in the 7000. Not sure how that works but it must be the only electonic device that operates on zero voltage.".
That's Zero reactive Volts, not Zero resistive Volts.
You can only have zero reactive volts on a coil when the magnetic field (flux) through it remains constant, i.e.: V = N d/dt, where V is volts, N is the number of coil turns and d/dt is the rate of change of magnetic flux with time.
That's Faraday's law - thought you should know ;)

ronniecruisin said:

Yeah is weird, works on my phone though.

From steve's thread on detector prospector I get the feeling we're maybe 1-2 years away... but its an interesting idea..

I could however be wrong about the time frame too, since whites discontinued the TDI-PRO... :)

Whites are currently testing a prototype of a new detector model at various locations internationally. No word yet on features and functions and what's inside the brightly-coloured control box, but it seems to find coins, relics, etc. OK, and looks like this (screen grab, not a video):
1507377715_new_whites_detectork.jpg

And here's a tiny glimpse of the rather odd-looking coil:
1507377759_copy_of_new_whites_detectorg.jpg

Yeah I have seen a few shots of it in Videos, But it is a shame it looks like the MXS which gives me thoughts of last year, :eek: :(