DIY Power cord

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, can anybody please tell me what size/sort of cable I need for a SD 2200d running thru a Coiltek regulated supply.
I have plenty of 4 pin connectors and I have watched on Utube how to coil the wire......I just dont know what wire.

Cheers...ThomasG

Have you got the old cable....Take it to your local electrical supplier....Like...Turk electrical supplies, an auto elect may have some but may be 5 wire :rolleyes:
Use the same gauge or....you could use larger if it fits the plug size..............go for one gauge thicker if it will fit the plug....if it fits the plug...
Better for longevity for the cable life......or the same as what the original size was....4 core/wire loom wiring
It's only minor power so no need to get too picky just don't use thinner wire than what was ;)

Thank you B5, Yeah, therein lies the problem. This cable is only going to be a spare, in the old days I had spares for spares....just bought them complete. Now, things are different, I am only a hobbyist and like to make my own stuff when practical. I just thought that there would be a lot of people make their own cables ??
Thank you for your reply.

Cheers.....ThomasG

Thank you , that no comes up as an audio cable...???.
But you have put me in the right direction, I will give them a call tomorrow.

Cheers.....

So if anybody is interested I just made a new power cable for a SD 2200d. Bought the plugs on ebay for $2 ea.
Bought $2 worth of cable from Jaycar and put em together.
I have not made it curly but looking on utube thats easy to do as well, I may or may not do it.

ThomasG

Latest posts