Aldi Adventuridge Metal Detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Guys :)

Thanks Heatho :). I just stuck it on all metal for now, just to try get a feel for it.

One thing I'm trying to get use it is how it detects. When you swing over an area and it beeps, does it detect the item at the centre of the coil or outside ?

Put a target on top of a bit of ground that is clear of all sounds below deck, then you will be able to visually identify where the target is locating below the coil. ;) ;)

silver said:
Put a target on top of a bit of ground that is clear of all sounds below deck, then you will be able to visually identify where the target is locating below the coil. ;) ;)

oh, thanks Silver, Ill give that a shot :)

Widget said:
Thanks Guys :)

Thanks Heatho :). I just stuck it on all metal for now, just to try get a feel for it.

One thing I'm trying to get use it is how it detects. When you swing over an area and it beeps, does it detect the item at the centre of the coil or outside ?

It detects in the centre, you need a reasonably fast swing speed also, not too fast but not too slow either.

blah, not entirely happy jan.

Found Minelab Go-Find detector under National Geographic branding and boxing......

Hi guys,

I have an Aldi detector, when i went to use it again, I can't tighten the shafts. When I put it away last (some time ago), all was fine, then took it out tonight to setup, and though I can tighten the locking nut all the way, it doesn't tighten the shafts, so they keep moving in/out.

Any ideas on how this locking system works, or whether there's a simple fix ?

1529135165_imag1183.jpg

1529135042_imag1184.jpg

I have one of these and plan to use it soon to do some serious fossicking. So far, I have found a $1 coin on a local beach after just a few minutes.
I plan to modify the circuit to take a Lithium Ion battery to replace the disposable 9v dry cell batteries, as a contributor on another thread (from Germany?) has done.

Jim0000 said:
I plan to modify the circuit to take a Lithium Ion battery to replace the disposable 9v dry cell batteries, as a contributor on another thread (from Germany?) has done.
You wouldn't happen to have a link or how I can find that data using Google ?

Jim0000 said:
I have one of these and plan to use it soon to do some serious fossicking. So far, I have found a $1 coin on a local beach after just a few minutes.
Can get rechargeable 9v Lithium batteries on ebay cheap as. I got900 mAh ones by Etinesan and they last ages

Jaros said:
Have you tried contacting the German guy?

Not yet Jaros.
However, it is a very old post and he left few contact details. Also, I have only just passed the 10 post required to send private messages. (Well, at least I think that was required).

However, I should be able to work out how it is wired pretty quick.
The two 9 volt batteries are wire in one of two ways:

1. Both in series providing 18 volts. (Unlikely)
or
2. Each driving a separate part of the device.

I will go out and put a multi-meter on it now.

I think the Unit may use plus and minus voltages to drive the op amp and probably runs with + and - 9 Volts with the batteries in series and the common connection being ground.

Hi all, collecting one today, found it for $40 in excellent condition, hardly used.

Planning on taking it down to Barwon Heads at the end of the year.

In the mean time may try a few locations to start with, however wanted to know is there a carry bag??