Hi from Southern Highlands

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe

Reaction score
Hi from Southern Highlands
Tuning in cause I love gold and sapphires and have been prospecting for few years now (on and off)
Joe:)

Nice to here from you, I am based in Wollongong. Welcome aboard

Gidday Joe
Welcome aboard.I'm also relatively new here. Im sure you'll find this forum helpfull.
who knows, we might learn a new thing or two along the way
Cheers
Chris.

Welcome joe...being from the southern highlands your right in amongst some great fossicking spots. Looking forward to some great pics and stories from up in the high country....Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, watched all your and Lizs videos while back and any new ones :) love it. Yes grabben gullen is my favorite spot only 15 min away. I do have some nice stones but nothing compared to you guys. Wee jasper also good and if i feel like Im fit to put in hard days work i hit the Abercrombie area. Ford Im yet to venture.. looking forward bumping into you guys :)

Hi Joe ...15 mins from Grabben Gullen....Are you near Gunning or Crookwell..??? lots of good sapphires there if you venture a bit further away from the bridge. Wee Jasper (macphersons) is all but stuffed now with the blackberries...hard to get near the creek..PM me some time and we can organize a dig and exchange stories.....Some pretty good gold in our region that hasn't been over flogged as well.....Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, will PM you :) I did go with Ted and Chris from ACT lap club few times and had fun. (last dig Paul and Jerry joint )I'm tossing whether to go Grabbie or Tuena this Saturday. You are correct under the bridge is pretty much all clean. Managed to pickup couple of hundred ct after the January 11 floods. My PM unlocks after few more posts I hope

Just seen one of Teds Green sapphires he cut from out there....came up really nice.....Tuena will be nice and hot this weekend and the water there 2 weeks ago was pretty low. Got 3 small nuggets detecting so i guess i'm not complaining. Are you panning or Hi banking ...???

joe said:
Thanks Wal, watched all your and Lizs videos while back and any new ones :) love it. Yes grabben gullen is my favorite spot only 15 min away. I do have some nice stones but nothing compared to you guys. Wee jasper also good and if i feel like Im fit to put in hard days work i hit the Abercrombie area. Ford Im yet to venture.. looking forward bumping into you guys :)

HI, I'm about 20 minutes from GG, there every week having a poke around.. ;)

Hi folks I'm a retired mine worker and would like to get out in the bush again and have a crack at detecting

Latest posts