Minelab Gold Monster 1000 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got the new monster 1000 looks like a toy , tried it out works but heaps of ground noise , limited adjustments , found very small lead shot this is a good thing , after taking out full day I reckon best probe I ever brought , with the 5" head attached on full scan it picks up very small gold, but everything else
has it's use , going to WA for a few weeks this will stay home.

the panner :)

Argyle's input in previous threads, particularly on the Eureka Gold thread and also on other forums is pure gold and very informative!
I look forward to hearing more from him again!

Chris

mbasko said:
Here's a great post from Argyle on previous Minelab VLF's:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?27,1805770

Yes a very knowledgeable member to have on board - as long as the incorrect Minelab conspiracy theories & abuse of mods remains in the top pocket ;)

I met Argyle a few years back on the forums and he is a very wise man, And that / His Minelab post is a Greats post.

John.

Interesting little machine, Steve over at detectorprospector post a field test report a couple weeks back.. worth a read.

I got one yesterday.. not sure how good the depth is though, just stuffing around with it in the back yard, i put a $2 coin about 15cm under the soft soil and it didnt detect it at all.. that was set on full depth.. its gotta be better than that though. Did pick up old nails and a few bottle tops.

I got mine yesterday, the advertising is all lies "i found my first nugget within 45min" pfft i had it in the backyard for about 46min and only got some old bottle caps and a few old nails..haha
I got it for the miss's so she has something different to do up the farm, im a fisherman myself and ive caught trophy trout on $20 rods aswell as $350 set up, we dont mind if a $1100 detector doesn't preform as good as a $5000 detector. Its just getting out and and giving it a go. If she ever finds anything then bonus, but if not then its all good.. just means she has left it for you guys to claim.

Got my Monster today.

I will give the newbie review after trying it out on the weekend.
A point of view from someone who has little to no knowledge of VLF machines and only been detecting for 8 months with PI's
Had a A2B in the eighties but never had the patience to learn how to use it.

1497304697_1497275484_img_3927.jpg

Grubstake, thanks mate It does sound interesting.
I saw a secondhand one for sale yesterday already.

HoudiniHarry said:
Cherza said:
Grubstake, thanks mate It does sound interesting.
I saw a secondhand one for sale yesterday already.

Now that would be a good buy being hardly used. It would be interesting to find the reason.
I Checked the add looks like he only wanted to use it for a long weekend and isnt planning on going again.
:eek:

I got 1 last week. Haven't had time to use it yet, bit I'm a bit scared with all the negative feedback already....
I'll try get out this weekend and give it a run..

Only seen 1 negative report so far red beard, are a few there more reviews?

There is JP's write up on minelab treasure talk.

There is argyle's thread in the minelab section of this forum.

Several reviews on the GM's on the detectorprospector website but they are USA and NZ based.

And a few here that are also USA based. http://forums.robsdetectors.com/index.php?/forum/1-gold-nugget-hunting-amp-prospecting-forum/

They appear to be very sensitive and all bar one reviewer seems to be very impressed with what is an entry level, affordable unit.

Ordered mine today :Y:

How deep with this GM1000 pick up a one gram nugget in medium soil? Looks like it has GB2 qualities for the tiny gold.

im still not convinced on buying one yet will be my first detector will wait for more reviews

Haven't been out in the field, but just did a quick air test.

In mild-medium ground I can get the GM humming on Sens 6 or 7.

On Sens 7, I can get a solid 1 grammer at 12cm.
Also tested an ironstone laced 1 grammer, and I can get it at 10.5cm