Syringes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Having just purchased a SDC2300 ( as a newbie ), and keen as to get out there, i visited the local beach this morning after conning my partner and daughter to tag along.

All set up and ready to go, i was detecting and and creating small sand piles for them to put through a sieve, although they had scoops, they were so keen to get there hands dirty ( me too ! ) sand was flying everywhere.

After about 30 minutes, another scoop full of sand landed in the sieve, and after a few shakes, the remnants of a SYRINGE presented itself.

And right there and then was it pointed out to me as we all realized just how careful you need to be.

As a newbie and all excited, i pass on this experience ( first of many i am sure ) in the hope others are aware.

Safe detecting to all.

:mad: That's why I wouldn't use a PI detector on the dry beach :mad:
Did you report it to the Clubys? :eek:

I'm no scientist but I wouldn't think any virus lives outside of the body (or the lab) for very long being exposed to the air,the sun and night time temperatures.

But saying that I don't want to be stuck with one,and if your child did = :mad:

cashgoldsilver said:
I'm no scientist but I wouldn't think any virus lives outside of the body (or the lab) for very long being exposed to the air,the sun and night time temperatures.

But saying that I don't want to be stuck with one,and if your child did = :mad:

Do a search for this, "hepatitis c survival time outside body" and you'll find that your assuptions are incorrect. It's not just HIV you need to worry about.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, dont walk up town barefoot with any cuts under your foot, something like 8 day survival for hep C if someone with it had a gob onto the ground ,... and don't even get me started on aids and mosquitoes, that sheath slides right back over the proboscis sealing the virus off from the air ,... anyway, enough of that hey ! :eek: ;)
nuff said :|

Latest posts