Help please! :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all long time no post and I need help lol
3 years ago my husband bought me a wal banker, we still haven't used it!!!
Well at short notice we have a baby sitter for our newborn and have decided to go out tomorrow, only problem is we don't have a pump. I also have super limited knowledge on what we need so can anyone please help and tell me what I need to get for the wal banker to work please??
Sorry if sounds vague but I'm currently running on 3 hours sleep lol

If you're in Canberra area I could help out but cutting it fine for tomorrow. Does the banker have a 1" inlet?
Jon

Just acquired my 1.5 thornado and it would not start, SO after a lot of swearing, kicking, grunting, and a little crying, I decided to put oil in the sump... Wallah ]:D ]:D ]:D

gunna try running some bags i bought in Glen Innes at the gem show to try out the Gold Rat, was gunna make a walbanker BUT my birthday arrived and the boss surprised me with a newie, hurrying slowly ATM :Y: :D :Y:

Ha, lucky it must have an oil pressure cut off switch, or it would be a throw away job in minutes. Always change the oil on a new pump after first use. Put a lean on tne pump so all the oil can drain out well, leave for a hour, then pour a cup of new stuff in it to flush out any machine files. I use fully synthetic oil in mine, and add 1/200 of synthetic two stroke oil to my fuel. Even though its a four stroke.

Yeah a small plant mechanic advised me once of it on running small engines for long periods. Just helps lube the pot and keeps it cooler. At the worst it may shorten the spark plugs life a little

new pumps are shipped with no oil and a warning lable that has to be removed that states there no oil, thornado are no different. best practice is to fill run for a day then dump that oil and put new oil in, this removes all manufacturing oil and de burring sediment from its run in./

Spud i believe most wal bankers are being run with a hondaywx15 or wx15t or ghx50 theres a few knocking around on gumtree and alike otherwise get yourself a thornado or rato theres a few dealers in nsw who have stock

mudgee hunter said:
Ha, lucky it must have an oil pressure cut off switch, or it would be a throw away job in minutes. Always change the oil on a new pump after first use. Put a lean on tne pump so all the oil can drain out well, leave for a hour, then pour a cup of new stuff in it to flush out any machine files. I use fully synthetic oil in mine, and add 1/200 of synthetic two stroke oil to my fuel. Even though its a four stroke.

As I have previously just posted golddigg

No what i said was that they are shipped with no oil and you need to fill and run them in then change the oil. I dont believe you stated that.

Its ok mate were all here for the same reason mate.
Do you realy run 2 stroke oil in a 4stroke? Havent heard of that before whats the logic there

mudgee hunter said:
Yeah a small plant mechanic advised me once of it on running small engines for long periods. Just helps lube the pot and keeps it cooler. At the worst it may shorten the spark plugs life a little

It's an old trick that one. i run 10 mil oil in 5 liters fuel. For that very reason. :Y:

its an interesting one Jemba i'd love to hear the logic, my understanding of engines and oil basically 2 stroke is low ash or no ash burn that is they dont use the same additives knowing that the oil needs to be completely removed and burnt up on compression. 4 stroke or plain engine oil is completely different and you want properties that bond to your metallic surfaces and seal for compression to maintain good pressure, manage friction and that can handle the heat so the additives in engine oil contain additives for that purpose.

I suppose so long as the 2 stroke isn't being burnt up and can handle the hi temperatures of the engine there's no reason why it would harm a 4 stroke but i still cant fathom why it would be better than the specified product for the job, maybe its a old adapted method from before we had quality control in our oils.

Fascinating idea

Yeah some people put mineral 2 stroke oil in their diesel cars to lube the injectors, apparently in makes them last longer and run very quiet.

Occasional_panner said:
Yeah some people put mineral 2 stroke oil in their diesel cars to lube the injectors, apparently in makes them last longer and run very quiet.

wow that would scare the crap out of me.... i had a problem recently with the air intake but a diesel mechanic said to me "its probably your injectors I'll ahve to pull them off and once we do that we may as well replace them" its will cost you 6 grand... i've never had to replace injectors luckily but i do put injector cleaner through them when im on the road filling up in remote areas in case the fuels a bit furry.

2 stroke oil must have similar cleaning properties/

Spud did you manage to get out? If you are around the ACT PM me and I'll show you what you need and how to get running.
Jon

Latest posts