WA detecting on an pending exploration lease with mining lease in it ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Today I was on Tengraph and found a spot where I would like to go but one thing is a bit weird with this lease, this pending exploration lease ( which is very big ) has also a live mining lease just on one edge and also a prospecting lease right in the middle of this one :8 , so I don't know if it is possible to go detecting on that lease ( staying away from the mining and the exploration leases.

If anybody know and could give me some information :)

Cheers

Find out who the owner is and ask them.
Chances are they may want a percentage or at least GPS co-ordinates where you found gold.
You may find you get the whole place to your self.
Down side is you may be told "no way!"
The main reason for people saying no these days is fear of litigation from some idiot that injures themselves.

Which State is this in gasco. ?
In NSW you can go on the Exploration lease but not in
the Mining lease.
Prospecting lease. ?
Sounds like you are in WA. :)

Tathradj said:
Which State is this in gasco. ?
In NSW you can go on the Exploration lease but not in
the Mining lease.
Prospecting lease. ?
Sounds like you are in WA. :)

I think you're right, Tath, in which case Keen Ken's comments may not apply, as WA rights of access are pretty clearly defined in the regs. PA member Westaus knows all about this stuff, if it's WA.

Hey, gasco - we need to know which state you're talking about, mate! Also, when you say, "so I don't know if it is possible to go detecting on that lease ( staying away from the mining and the exploration leases)", I think you probably mean 'staying away from the mining and prospecting leases', because if you're staying away from the exploration lease, you aren't going there at all!

You can't detect hte mining lease without permission, however that part which is pending may be detected. You may need a 40E, ring WA mines as they are most helpful and can advise if the status has changed.

Hi, Thank you for your answers :) yes It is in WA sorry I forgot to mention it , and yes grubstake I made a mistake I wanted to say Mining lease and Prospecting lease, not exploration lease, otherwise I have nowhere to go ;)

I think I will follow your advice Keen Ken, I'm going to contact the owners to find out if it possible to go detecting on their land and hope it will be OK :)

Latest posts