Crevicing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, the bottle is an snuffer bottle. I had about 1cm of dirt in it before I took the pic, and yep.... a nice little rough piece of gold was in it!

1495517682_wp_20170523_15_13_36_pro.jpg

1495517718_wp_20170523_15_14_51_pro.jpg

1495517737_wp_20170523_15_17_19_pro.jpg

Love it 20x,compact,sucks hard,cheap and easy to make.Will be checking these out,better be quick though because I can see Bunnings selling out once word gets out.

Just went to bunnings and had another look at that pump....
sorry but im not sold on it at all.
I put my finger on the inlet and tested its suction pressure...
ZIP, ZERO, near non existent!
What ever they have used for a seal washer is utter crap.
Lucky to suck up a dead fly sorry.

mudgee hunter said:
Just went to bunnings and had another look at that pump....
sorry but im not sold on it at all.
I put my finger on the inlet and tested its suction pressure...
ZIP, ZERO, near non existent!
What ever they have used for a seal washer is utter crap.
Lucky to suck up a dead fly sorry.

nothing wrong with the one I bought, works best with the reducer on it, I found that without
the reducer the material I sucked up fell out to quick.
I think I am losing suction the more I use it as the fine sands are abrasing the seal/washer.

thought of an idea for you...insert your suction pipe into a bottle like a bong,
should limit the amount of 5hit you get in your mouth.

Haha, i built one like that 20, but takes a bit of lung effort to get it through. Maybe my tubes are too long. But i should mention, i used it to suck concrete dust out of a drill hole (long story, no vacuum, out bush at a mates farm). Worked a treat all the dust got caught in the water and none in ya gob.

I also bought the stuff in your pic from bunnings to build a sucker. I'll let you know how that goes, who knows, I've got the reducer.

brendomac said:
Haha, i built one like that 20, but takes a bit of lung effort to get it through. Maybe my tubes are too long. But i should mention, i used it to suck concrete dust out of a drill hole (long story, no vacuum, out bush at a mates farm). Worked a treat all the dust got caught in the water and none in ya gob.

I also bought the stuff in your pic from bunnings to build a sucker. I'll let you know how that goes, who knows, I've got the reducer.
lol...yeah the prob with sucking with the reducer is that if a small stone gets in the way you suck up nothing. it needs another short length
of smaller clear hose to fit on the reducer or you wont get deep into those tight cracks.
I tested it out in all those narrow foliated bedrock cracks at mullganna creek, it gets what screw drivers miss.

Guess what, aldi had them on sale yesterday for $8, looks identical, if they have one left, I'll get one and tamper with it.
Glued unit, but I'll get it undone. Post outcome later.

Hi, I had the same thing happen so I bought a 12v wet and dry vacuum cleaner with a little barrel from eBay, it is not over powerful but works a treat, I was thinking about buying a battery op leaf blower vac and giving that a try with the right fitting would have to work well.