Detecting on state reserves in Queensland.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Daggy said:
Well I had some good news today concerning the hall.

One of the members of the Bucca recreation club brought a boat in for repairs today and told me they are holding a public meeting at the hall on the 16th.
They are going to oust the hall committee. They want to start family days there and fix up the tennis courts but the old bloke hasn't allowed anyone to use the place since 2013.
He is the actual president and wont lift a finger to help maintain the place, the council comes in a slashes the area for ANZAC DAY.
The locals are sick of him and the ones I have told about my incident, loved the fact that we told him where to go as he's been intimidating the community for ages.

Can't wait to be there on the 16th.

Woohoo

Daggy

You'd think they would have done something sooner if it's been going on for a while. That'd drive me nuts to the point of exploding all over the old bloke, best that I am not there...lol Nearly had an explosion today over my son not listening and wasting my time today. No worries though all done and dusted and time to keep moving forward. :Y: :Y: :Y:

Yeh It's not as easy as you think, in a small town GDA.
The old bloke and his family part of the agricultural history in the area and the other older families back them up. It takes time to find new people who are willing to take over positions in the committee once the " old wood has been pruned".

Don't worry, my mate exploded all over him to the point that he ran him of to his vehicle. I try to be calm and sensible in these situations but if I explode (witch takes a bit) there is blood, so it's best I don't explode!

Daggy

The meeting went ahead, (I wasn't able to attend unfortunately) and the family days are going to happen. I was told the gate was unlocked now, but I went for a swing there yesterday and it was locked again?
Saw the old fool driving around on a tractor, he didn't come near us and I gave him a wave (he didn't wave back). Two cars pulled up and checked us out for a while, would have dropped my pants for them but my kids were with us so I just waved at them. One of them drove over the the old bloke and had a chat for ten minutes but nothing come of it.

I'll try to remember to update the news as I find out more. There's going to be monthly meetings from now on.

Daggy

Latest posts