simple fish recipe

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave14110

David Gothard
Reaction score
Scale your chosen fish gut and clean. Now slice an orange fill guts with layered orange & sqeeze a little orange juice on, then put tiny amount of butter or spray oil on inside of foil to prevent sticking wrap in foil.
Place your fish in camp fire or on BBQ coals for between 3- 10min each side depending on size.
I tried Snapper, Flathead, Bream, Trevally & Mullet but I'm sure this would work well on most varieties.
Very simple & tasty.

Going fishing this weekend Dave so I'm going to give that one a go on Saturday night... "see how confident I am about catching a fish"...will throw a nice bottle of wine in to go with it ....and maybe a port for afters....wish me luck.Cheers Wal. :)

There's only one thing wrong with Canberra and that's that bloomin' house on the hill that gets frequented every now and then by those politicians who try to debate about what is good for us and what is not.....be better if we could send them up to Cairns...lol...Cheers Wal ;)

Hi Dave and all,

I can remember my Dad telling me that no matter how you cook your fish, it's usually 10 minutes per inch of flesh.
This cooking time refers to the thickness portion of the fish...like the idea of oranges but I prefer to use lemon slices and dill + spices but I WILL definitely give the orange idea a go. Another great recipe is to use a light bread dressing, combined with onion, celery, dill, pepper and a touch of lemon zest (grated rind of lemon)
Once the fish is stuffed, it can be trussed together with a darning needle and kitchen string on the underside and popped into an oven or wrapped in lightly greased foil and placed on the barbi.

Why am I suddenly hungry?

Best to you all,
goldustman - Mike

filleted white fish covered in panko bread crumbs, with a Wasabi mayonaisse is hard to beat.

so simple.

Latest posts