Whites TDI - Dead or Alive?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ozziii said:
So is it only the coils that are the difference between the TDI Pro & TDI Pro Oz or is there something in the electronics of the machine as well.

Yes Mate, The Pro OZ has a Mono Coil and the TDI Pro has a Duel Field Mono which is 2 coils ( 1= 6" and 1=12" ) in the same package and the OZ mono has a little less sensitivity BUT ?? a fraction more depth, But it is impossible to see the difference in sensitivity between the 2 because people in OZ get the same results as I do, Oh Yeah and you Get STICKERS on the OZ Series, Lol,

Apart from that there is NO difference,

John

ozziii said:
Thanks, was thinking it was just the coil but wasn't quite sure if the detector itself had some mods for oz soil.

Reg did such A Huge amount of work with the Original TDI that WHITES had enough Info to get it Right first time with the TDI Pro, I have 4 other Whites machines But The Pro I now my GO TO machines even though a VLF with a meter would be a smarter choice in some places, I assure you my Pro Is Never more that 10 feet away at any hour of the day ;) ;)

john

PS, I have noticed that this past week or Two that GSA has listed all Popular Whites gold machines as Out of Stock and that they won't be in Stock until the 11/12/15,

As Per TDI pro OZ, TDI SL, TDI Spp and The GMT.

Still keeping out of the GSA debate with pricing but what you also have to consider is if you buy a Whites detector from the USA or any other country then the warranty only applies to that country, so if you buy a TDI Pro from the states and save a fair whack of cashola to buy your coils here then if you have any issues with the detector that need fixing under warranty you need to send it back to the place you purchased from, in this case USA.
Just a thought to keep in mind as I'm going through the same issue selling my TDI SL.

I agree with RR, Flameberg if you ordered a TDI Pro OZ at the price of $2700 then surely they have to honour that price, seems odd to me but anyways, I said I'd keep out of the GSA debate so will say no more :|

ProspectorPete said:
Still keeping out of the GSA debate with pricing but what you also have to consider is if you buy a Whites detector from the USA or any other country then the warranty only applies to that country, so if you buy a TDI Pro from the states and save a fair whack of cashola to buy your coils here then if you have any issues with the detector that need fixing under warranty you need to send it back to the place you purchased from, in this case USA.
Just a thought to keep in mind as I'm going through the same issue selling my TDI SL.

I agree with RR, Flameberg if you ordered a TDI Pro OZ at the price of $2700 then surely they have to honour that price, seems odd to me but anyways, I said I'd keep out of the GSA debate so will say no more :|

Yep Pete for sure,

Nice Dry Washer Pete, I could use one of them my self or a Wet one that would boost my finds Rate, Cool.

I see there GMT price is only 200 busks more than I paid So thats A Good Deal for sure, I could live with that, They are a Great Machine.

FLAMEBERG, I would approach them about sticking to the price that you Agreed with them and appeal to their better Nature, the worst that can happen is they say NO,, what do ya think??

John

SunriseBoy said:
MJ coils are in US $. RBs are in Oz $.

I notice the ML coils are sold out.

I seen that the ML coils were all sold out, never heard of any M/L users running RB coils here though, maybe they all sold in the U.S, here in Oz its all about Nugget Finder & Coiltek, although I'm starting to here a bit more about the Detech coils, if they work as well, are as good quality & cheaper then they should become popular. Maybe some of the M/L users should check out them RB Longreach coils, read something not long back about them performing as good as if not a little better than the NF evolution coils of similar size.
One thing I'm interested in knowing though is, why do the Minelab RB Longreach coils use Litz wire, but for the Whites coils there is no mention of the wire, why would they use Litz wire for M/L coils but not Whites.

Took my TDI oz pro out for its 1st run in the bush today.
2nd guessing myself if I had done the freq tune and ground balance ok.
Found swa at my 1st stop, near a small gold find in the 1980, s, about 500 oz in nuggets came from around here, and there is no real reason for it to be there in the 1st place....biggest nugget was 23oz, so had hoped that some one had missed one due to old tech. Couldnt access the exact area, so went to similar spot for nill.
Then, 2nd spot, about 100m from a working gold mine, worked on the highway side of the fence, and found a few fuggets....1st one Sounded exactly like my test nugget, and after about 5 min digging and sorting, found what felt like a small nugget, bit of spit, right color poking through! Cleaning it up, and 2 man made lines appeared? About 20mins later, I found the answer, it was a bit of the brass outer casing of a bullet projectile, found the base and some jacket of another one, then an SG pellet from a shotgun. Crossed the highway, and found gods country, some of the most beautiful country I have ever seen, of course no camera, , if I get out that way again, ill take some pics, stunning. No sign of anyone ever being there....at first.....after a while, got my mate got a loud zing on the mxt, so started to dig, 40% iron, bullet it said....sounds good, except it was a bullet, a very old .303 about 8 inches down.
got back to the car, and a landcruiser ute with an orange light on the roof parked about 200m behind me. Mine security I reckon, gave him a wave, no response. We drove away, he went the opposite way.
All in all, I got some confidence using the tdi. Buried my test piece about 8 inches down, its a 1.5gm nugget, in a gel filled plastic box. Could just hear it. At 6 inches, got a faint signal, that im not sure I would have dug. But I later found those small bullet fragments, which gave me some much needed confidence. Had a few emi issues. Found it best to turn the tdi off, and re tune everything again, nomworries, only takes a minute.
cheers dave.

1449650132_20151209_1750481.jpg

Just noticed there's been no talk on the TDI's for a long time.
Are any members here still using a TDI Pro, SL, Oz Series or SPP?

I'm using both TDI Pro and an SPP with the "Super Pulse" board, just attached a newly obtained s/h Minelab 8" Super Goldsearch coil ....... all is well! :Y:

What's the super pulse board?
I had an oz pro, and really liked it, but sold it to fund my gpx 4500, wish I could have kept it.

davent said:

Before its relaunch via Jimmy Sierra's western-US marketing network as the Sierra Pulse Pro, the SPP had a previous life as the rather unsuccessful African market-aimed GMT Super Pulse:
1496375116_gmt_superpulse.jpg

I understand that the Jimmy Sierra renaming was just a sticker job on existing stock, so I'd imagine that all SPPs have 'Super Pulse' branded circuit boards inside the box.

GMT Super Pulse had some minor board changes to make it an SPP and work under our so called "Australian Conditions"
Apparently it caused "HickUps" when used in some places..... details on another thread of this forum.
Had an offer from Goldsearch Australie to have the board replaced free of charge.... I took the offer.
New board was branded GMT Super Pulse and had a small "sensitivity mod" removed before it was returned.
This "mod" was re-installed + a few other minor ones that make the SPP a pleasure/joy to use.
Also fitted a 3/4 cell 3.7v Li-Ion 18650 battery, gives it more oomph than an unmodded TDI Pro.

Hi all, I use a SPP as well it's had the board upgrades and I run a Coiltek Mono Joey coil, as nersal says they're a pleasure to use.
Ji

still use my modded tdi pro however thinking of selling just not using it enough as i have a makro gold racer as well,dont get out enough to use the tdi to its full potential,nesral is that a full battery pack what volts are you running.

My SPP battery holder take 4x 3.6v 18560 Li-Ion cells, but mostly I only use 3 cell + a dummy.

Maybe not using, but still own an SPP with conductivity switch mod and compliment of Miner John coils. Simply haven't had the chance to get over to the goldfields so far year unfortunately.

I'm still using SPP fitted with conductivity switch, mostly to detect goldies from parks areas full of bottle tops and other iron junk. But haven't been out to detect for gold for while.
Karl

Thanks for all the replies guys, seems quite a few are still kicking around.

grubstake said:
davent said:

Before its relaunch via Jimmy Sierra's western-US marketing network as the Sierra Pulse Pro, the SPP had a previous life as the rather unsuccessful African market-aimed GMT Super Pulse:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1496375116_gmt_superpulse.jpg

I understand that the Jimmy Sierra renaming was just a sticker job on existing stock, so I'd imagine that all SPPs have 'Super Pulse' branded circuit boards inside the box.

Yeah I think they wanted to cash in on the "GMT" name, as that is what was known in the market at the time.

Latest posts