SDC 2300 with 40 batteries (Melbourne)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can sent it C.O.D. with Aus post that way the buyer pays, when he picks it up he cannot get it until its paid for it can be insured and you get a money order from the post office where its picked up from .I have sent detector all over Aus plus received some and have not had any troubles this may help the insurance is a big bonus and regards john :Y:

WARNING ..To anyone thinking of (SELLING) or anyone wanting to buy(COD) ..DON'T...........We put an AD on other sites to sell a 3month old 12in EVO,ONLY SELLING AS NOT 100% compatable with our GP Extreme but did pickup 20 odd grams.The add said pickup only,some of you may recall the add at the end of last mth.Now had a 36min phone call from a xxxx.xxxxx on 2nd Feb explaining he never had time to come and pickup under two hours away as he's a single parent with 2 children and no time and if i discounted it to $420 he would buy it if sent (COD) .To which I indicated concern but was assured by him it was foolproof .So on the 3rd the local post office wrapped and tapped COD all over (THEIR) package and all was above board (to easy).Now on the 9th Feb received a message from xxxx.xxxxx ,The coil hasn't shown up yet,just wondering if you could give the post office a call and see where it's at.Thanks...I straight away rang our post office who then rang Templestowe PO who informed us it was delivered at 11.01 am on the 6th feb,so within 10min tried to ring xxxx back twice but no answer so on 3rd call left a 39sec message informing him of such thinking he would return but that never happened.So promptly made a report to aus post on 9th feb with a Heath who was to instigate an investigation,but after ringing back on the 12th feb got a David who advised me there was no Heath,but a Robert did send queries to the WRONG dept.Rang again on 15th it's under investigation.Checked back on the 20th still under investigation and the delivery guy who delivered without taking payment ?? was on leave,DUE back on the 22nd.Rang back on 24th feb and WAS informed deliverer had a death in the family and had to go back to INDIA for a week..Have informed E.E.DAY & SONS About warranty details incase refund is tried on current invalid warranty.So just making others AWARE IF YOU HAVE OR ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING OR SELLING any second hand products off individuals be wary of (COD) & warranty's.Anyway end result after multiple complaints & calls and after paying insurance for $500 they gave in with payment of $420 as that was sale price after nearly three months of crap.. :N: :N: :N: :N: .Your on the right track cazalla don't trust nobody,WHICH CAN BE VERIFIDE BY OUR LOCAL POST OFFICE........................
cazalla said:
Still available, but I will just add that if you want a copy of my drivers licence, if you want me to post the goods before you make payment, or if you want to use some some strange cash on delivery scheme, please don't bother messaging me.

cazalla said:
Still available, but I will just add that if you want a copy of my drivers licence,

I actually emailed someone a copy of my drivers licence after he did the same... Then heard no more from him about the sale which was going on. Then, 2 months later, a bank sent me a letter asking me to call said bank urgently about the account that I have with them.

Problem was that I had never dealt with that bank in my life.

I thought it may have been a scam, and was going to throw the letter away, but after checking their letter against their website, I have them a call.

So I called the bank up and it turned out that the guy who I had emailed a copy of my licence to had applied for a substantial personal loan using my identity. He used a different phone number and email address, of course.

Lucky they got suspicious and sent me that letter...

Yeah, the scam with a drivers licence is that they get a copy of someone elses and then proceed to use it to lull buyers for other goods into sending the money because, hey, look, here is "my" drivers licence. Do a google search for 'drivers licence gumtree scam' and go to news section and there is just truckloads of identity fraud.

So, yeah, I would not be scanning and sending your licence to anyone online whether you are the buyer or seller, you're just asking for trouble.

cazalla said:
Still available, but I will just add that if you want a copy of my drivers licence, if you want me to post the goods before you make payment, or if you want to use some some strange cash on delivery scheme, please don't bother messaging me.

Yes, I asked if you would consider COD as I thought this would have covered both you and myself cazalla, sending that money off to someone I have never met made me feel ill. That's a lot of money for most people. I understand it made you feel uncomfortable and I can accept your reasons for not wanting to. I respect your decision and seeing what shifty1 had to say it seems as though it is not as fullproof you would expect.

I wish you a happy, speedy sale.

It's nothing personal kurra, but I don't know you and you're new to the forum and I've dealt with similar issues with 6 buyers so far, if it was sub $250 I wouldn't be near as bothered, it is just easy to hang tight and maybe someone local to Melbourne will be interested at some point, no rush at the end of the day.

Honestly, If I had the funds this would have gone real quick.
Too many bills atm. :mad:

Might pay to involve a third party ? Buyer pay a dealer dealer sends machine ? If your buying a Z I should imagine a dealer would do that ? That way both parties are assured of not getting stitched :Y:

Bogger said:
Might pay to involve a third party ? Buyer pay a dealer dealer sends machine ? If your buying a Z I should imagine a dealer would do that ? That way both parties are assured of not getting stitched :Y:

Not a bad approach if you consider a dealer you might buy a Zed from, see if they will act as a broker.

Maybe consider a price drop as one sold in less than a day just recently. As far as payment and a buyers location goes you might want to make a deal meeting them halfway. Payment in person is best but EFT is about as secure as you can get then buyer pays COD for delivery at a post office, this gives you the opportunity of a broader buyers market.

Is this machine advertised elsewhere.

Hi cazalla, i am a new member who has just joined, in order to purchase your SDC2300. I live local , Mornington, and will pay cash on pick up. being a new member i am not sure how to private message you, and dont wish to publically post my details, please could give me a call on my work mobile asap xxx xxx xxx. Genuine buyer. Kind regards Colsar.

Moderator Edit
Please note that displaying phone numbers
or email address are not allowed.
You may use the email function under the Avatar
of the member you wish to contact.
When you reach 10 post's and above,
The PM function plus a lot more comes available.

Colsar welcome to PA all the best out there.

You can use the Email option just click on cazella's email tab and your making contact direct. You need 10 post's before you can pm anyone. And phone numbers are a No No in any post other than a PM just a heads up, plenty of people have made the same rookie mistake don't kick yourself over it.

I hope the purchase works for both of you :Y:

kurra said:
cazalla said:

Yes, I asked if you would consider COD as I thought this would have covered both you and myself cazalla, sending that money off to someone I have never met made me feel ill. That's a lot of money for most people. I understand it made you feel uncomfortable and I can accept your reasons for not wanting to. I respect your decision and seeing what shifty1 had to say it seems as though it is not as fullproof you would expect.

I wish you a happy, speedy sale.

I want to pay cash as well but the seller wont accept notes due to possibly being forgeries.

Would you take $1 coins mate?

I already got a Z back in April, so no not like I need to sell this to fund that.

No, it's not advertised elsewhere.

Hard Luck, please go and troll elsewhere, I already said cash is fine on the provision you deposit it into the local bank branch instead of handing it to me, if you want to accept large amount of 50's, that's your business, but don't try and bait for responses in my for sale thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts