Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice hunt Sir :eek: You found a Dib Catseye Pendant...or is it a Cleary 8) :lol: :Y:
Good look'n silver there :eek: :Y: :rainbow: :party:

cashgoldsilver said:
You must be an old stager like me,but I have a digital screen (with numbers) although on a low level but pretty effective Teknetic Delta 4000 (made by fisher in Texas) :Y:

Do you intend to upgrade ever :D
Maybe one day off in the future I'd Upgrade, but it would be to an ACE400i
And only so's I could get the back lit display and numbers advantage over what I do have ,.... how do you go with cost using 9v batteries, I find that I can source AA batteries that are top quality and long lasting quite cheap, and they work properly right to the end if their life and just drop out then. :Y:

Batteries - I bought 3 x rechargeable 9v batteries with a battery charger (9v-AA-AAA) from Aldi nearly 4 years ago with all still going strong.

I think my original purchase from Aldi cost less than $40.00,so a pretty good investment I reckon :Y:

I am sure the 3 x 9v batteries aren't as good as they were so I recently purchased 2 more 9v batteries from Kogan giving me 5 x 9v batteries.

I need 3 for every outing being my Delta 4000 x 1 and my Garrett pinpointer x 1 and 1 x spare.

I also have 8 x AA and 6 AAA (lost 2) rechargeable batteries bought from Dick Smiths recommended by an detecting friend knowing that they are good quality also.

Be Brave - Upgrade today :D

I'll use the ACE till it dies probably, unless I come into money, then I'll pasture it out with the other two. Was hard enough learning the difference between 3 sounds (I was tone deaf until then) let alone 100 number differentiations and assign them to target identifications as well :lol:

Great to see the Land & Sea and even reliable Ace 250 in action popping silvers, you'll have to do a mini review for the masses on the new gear. ;)

Reckon you would be handy with the new AT Max rather than the i400, the I400 doesn't have a backlit screen unfortunately - all down to budget of course. :)

The dangly thing is just cheap old time bling, woulda seemed something special back then though , I think its just a coat on the outside of light blue with a catseye effect somehow ,... and yeah, I'd rather damp ground than dry too ,... probly should go swimming for finds, just going from what's surfacing on pa of late ;) ;) , but I've got a sensitivity to water, it just seems soo bl00dy cold unless it's warm and shallow (knee deep), it's just a struggle to get the rest to go in once I get in over my knee's. :lol:

A couple of good looking machines there :)

The first one is very reasonably priced not that I know as much as most except the price is good and I always like 100% waterproof and wireless headphones :Y:

Have you ever heard of Postmate ?

Postmate is a postal facility run by Australia Post out Portland Oregon in the US,if you purchase a detector within the US it can be posted there often for free.

When you join which I have you get your very own US postal address within the facility in Portland Oregon because some dealers don't post to Australia.

In Portland they will repack your item if they think your postage will be cheaper plus if it is under $1000.00 you pay no import tax.

But saying that you have the exchange rate,but saying that you have more choices.

Maybe some to think about :)

Postmate - I have a Portland Oregon postal address do you :D

:) :) :)

I don't, not at all cgs ,... when I bought my ACE ( from Garrett USA )(I was a poor bugga like I am still)(ha) the Aussie dollar was somewhat near parity and it cost me $330.
When it got here, I thought the postage would cost me a pretty penny, but, it was included in the price. But that was then and this is now, and so I do like your postal system, but, I would spend here if I were cashed up in any way for sure. :Y:

Got out for a little while until dark for a hunt
the targets of choice
1496306172_20170601_183154.jpg

at least I got my silver on :p
in the way of a 1950 thrippy. :D
1496306233_20170601_183213.jpg

Thanks fellas, :Y:
I just put that magic silver brain into gear fellas, might have to magic up a more productive area though, wouldn't mind a bit of a bonanza, even if it was just every now and again (ha), but then I might hurt the old peg if'n I go at it too hard hey, and one at a time gives you all more of a chance anyway ! :lol:

Latest posts