CASTING: Television Show Seeks Fearless Treasure Hunters!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi there!

My name is Danielle and I work in Development for an award-winning television production company based in Manhattan. We are currently developing a new series which will follow various treasure hunters as they search for Incan Treasure.

I am reaching out to the Prospecting Australia community because we are searching for treasure hunters to participate in this project. We are looking for fearless and dedicated hunters that are willing to take us along on their journey! We would love to see if anyone from this site is interested in applying or has recommendations for people we should reach out to.

To hear more more about this project, please email us at [email protected].

Best,
Danielle

Sounds very exciting :p
This could be an adventure of a lifetime
Wish i could afford the time to participate.

HoudiniHarry said:
I wonder why fearless?

It's reality television and drama is good for ratings. If there's no drama there's not enough to keep viewers interested week after week, so for example "Gold Rush Xxxx" ends up being less about gold and more about claim jumpers, threats, arguments, equipment failures, accidents, storms, wild animals, etc, etc.

Incan treasure in the Mexican jungle will doubtless be full of giant snakes, stinging/biting insects, tarantulas, bandits, drug cartels and the like. Hence, the requirement for fearlessness - it certainly won't be any cakewalk, the producers will make sure of that!

grubstake said:
Incan treasure in the Mexican jungle will doubtless be full of giant snakes, stinging/biting insects, tarantulas, bandits, drug cartels and the like. Hence, the requirement for fearlessness - it certainly won't be any cakewalk, the producers will make sure of that!

Sounds just like Australia. :D

This would be awesome! Was in the casting proceedings to be on Australian Survivor but as my baby was due I thought it wouldn't have been fair to the Mrs if I was successful. Might be time to enquire about this though. You only live once right! :D

DanielleTVCastings said:
Hi there!

My name is Danielle and I work in Development for an award-winning television production company based in Manhattan. We are currently developing a new series which will follow various treasure hunters as they search for Incan Treasure.

I am reaching out to the Prospecting Australia community because we are searching for treasure hunters to participate in this project. We are looking for fearless and dedicated hunters that are willing to take us along on their journey! We would love to see if anyone from this site is interested in applying or has recommendations for people we should reach out to.

To hear more more about this project, please email us at [email protected].

Best,
Danielle

What is the name of the company?

I would have thought there would be plenty of prospectors a bit closer to the Incan neighbourhood?

Maybe they like our funny accents.

The casting site Ramjet found looks to have an air of legitimacy.

With Horriwood you have to set your sights high but realities in check as it can hold alot of heartbreak.

10,000 might try but few succeed.

They would want people who are charismatic , well spoken , able to hold a camera face , good self discipline and good memory for lines because it takes a talented script writer to inject interesting content into what could otherwise be a dull and non performing work ( non profitable ).

I lack charisma so shall not be stepping forwards. :p

There may be a handful of people on this site who could fill such a role , but would they be expected to cover their own costs or would it have some financial support thrown in ?

The producers would need people who have local knowledge and others who researched enough to narrow down locations , plus a legal beagle to clear the legal obstacles that could crop up.

Tough gig to put together such a series but good luck to them.

I can imagine a couple of aussies would bring good contrast with some canadians and americans in the mix and get some interesting TV. :party:

HoudiniHarry said:
I wonder why fearless?

Haven't you seen any of these shows :eek: snakes,crocs,the jungle,angry locals and possible kidnappings,other than that it should be fine :cool: and with a name like Houdini what are you worried about :)

This is what i got back when i replied back in march
Sent: Saturday, 25 March 2017 12:12:55 AM
To: Ken
Subject: Re: Prospecting

Hi Ken,

Thanks so much for your email! We are currently looking for treasure hunters, archeologists, investigators, etc. who are extremely knowledgeable on treasure hunting and are dedicated to to the work. The show will follow multiple groups of people as they search throughout different areas of the country or even the world as they search for clues and leads to find Incan Treasure. We are looking for people who are passionate about treasure hunting and have dedicated their life to this type of work.

I would love to hear more about you and your work if this sounds like something you might be interested in! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Danielle

You have to watch this $h1t. I did a bit of extra work in another life and a lot of company's say all the right things to get you motivated then at the last minute ask you provide professional head shots, casting reels etc all to be obtained through "our preferred photographer" and at your own cost.

Then after jumping through the hoops for the "sure thing your in" and spending a fair bit of money you get a plethora of reasons why the project has stalled or been cancelled.

Just saying, it pays to be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts