⭐ Treasure Hunting Show & Tell - Show us your favourite, oldest, best finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1466035614_de_carli_1855_auctioneers.jpg

This is the most interesting find so far.

Eurekaman said:
Mine is an American USMC Medal found at a WW2 Site
EMhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4145/1420940188_image.jpg
is that is a gold ?

Thought I would ressurect this old topic. Some of us must have some newer favourite finds and we have a lot of new members.
This is one of my favs from about a year ago. A South Maitland Railway button. I like it for a few reasons. I work in the rail industry, it seems to be rare as I can't find any info on it plus I found it on the empty block of land next door to my house. :D

1495358729_20170521_170748.jpg

I only own a Z so i'm always on the hunt for the yellow but i have found some pretty cool stuff out in the goldfields.
1495863327_img_0526.jpg

I found the holloways ointment jar and the old clay pipe in the same hole with a bunch of nails.
The Sir Charles Hotham coin i found in old workings at Blackwood.

Yeah i was super stoked when i dug them up Makka.
The gully where i found them was worked in the late 1850s,1860s. I love my history and just to think someone was sucking on that pipe trying to find gold back in the day makes it a extra cool find :D

1496306080_imag2066.jpg

Favourite find has been this gun powder flask 2&1/2 down near diggings with the missus using SDC.
Thought it was an old VB can at first due to the green that was on it.
Cleaned up ok but missing top bit.
I would still like to get the piece I have restored so if anybody knows where I could get this done it would be greatly appreciated.

Eurekaman said:
Mine is an American USMC Medal found at a WW2 Site
EMhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4145/1420940188_image.jpg
Wow that's cool...very nice :Y:

Also, at the same location as the penny's I found this beauty, my first button ever. Not 2 weeks ago...

Stoney can you help me identify it? I can't make out the letters, definitely a "A" and an "L" I can't tell if its Australia or a Latin word of some kind. I can't recall the shield logo? Wondering how old it is and who's uniform it came off??? :eek:

1502787959_20170811_195720_576x1024.jpg

Latest posts