River / Stream Sluices - advice, information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7.62marksman said:
bugger to far away sorry have a sluice you could have used until you got one

what sluice do you have, any recommendations?
Ive done a few mornings of panning, have found some gold, so that's a start, but looking to make life easier for me, and especially for my dad who is 66, much easier on his back feeding a sluice than panning all morning.
cheers

Building one is an option, just thought id see what was ready made and worked for around that $150 mark.

brendomac said:
Should have mentioned, if your budget can go out a little bit, this is another option - less classification. You can see some of his demo vids on the site.

https://highbanker.com.au/collections/sluices/products/8-inch-gold-sluice

You won't go wrong with that bud.
The dream mat is a cracker.

Its a pitty, George closed the shop, or you would of had a few options there.
I believe there is now another shop in cairns.
But not sure if they have sluices there, they do have garret equipment.

Thanks XIV.

Night sky secrets at the pier have garrett stuff and a bucket seperator but no sluices.

I spent the extra coin as the guy from highbanker was so helpful. I reckon ive made a great choice.

Hopefully some of the cairns people can get together and start some meetings again. Im.keen to meet and learn.

Now that the wet season is just about over, they should be looking at organizing one soon.
keep an eye out for a post

Thinking about buying a River Sluice. Looking for advice on size,make, and where you can and cannot use them. Also is it worth having one? Thanks for any advice / help.

Yep the Gold rat sluice with a dream mat.
I have the 10" and it is a breeze to set up and clean out.
It is also a well made unit.

I use mine because I am only new to panning I am slow.
With the sluice I cut down the panning to just a couple of times and I can still take my time going through it.

I have run a Gold Rat sluice without classifying....just dig and feed...as there are no riffles to catch bigger rocks they just roll on through...mostly. Gold recovery was awesome :Y: :Y:

Can some post him the thread on rules and regs, im inept at that stuff. Ha.
but mostly your fine using them legally. But there are some E.P.A type rules to follow.
Only downside is you need a water flow with them.

Hey guys
After some advice. I'm thinking of heading to Oallen for the second time with my little river sluice. Knowing that it's just flower gold down there. I'm not sure but I think I lost some gold my first time using it. I have rubber rib matting at the front. So what is best for flower gold rib carpet, rubber rib matt all the way or rubber noodle matt? Sorry can't do photos yet but hope you all know what I mean by noodle matt lol. Thanks.

Latest posts