Hello from Wollongong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiron52

Dave
Reaction score
Hi all,
My names Dave. Used to do a fare bit of fossicking years ago around Oberon and Crookwell. I was also a member of a lapidary club and used to make a bit of jewelry.
Some years ago, through work commitments and losing a few mates to father time, I got rid of all my gear believing I would never use it again.
Now, thanks to finding "you lot" on the net and reading many of the posts and seeing so many of the great pics, I now have "the bug" back.
I should say I will soon be 65yo and it has been probably 15 years since my last trip.
So the "boss" and I recently re-outfitted ourselves and have now just returned from our first dig -3 days around Oberon. Strewth, I don't remember my body aching for so many days after a trip and I blame this forum and it's wonderful members for my pains - But by crikey, I'm looking forward to our next trip.
Well, we found only a few small sapphires, zircons and a few tiny quartz crystals. The purpose of the trip was just to find some good locations (for when the weather warms up). And unlike the fossicking days of my misspent youth, we stayed in a motel in Oberon. Oh the joy of a hot shower after a long days digging. AND the pleasure of a hot meal I didn't have to cook. AND thank the lord for the soft bed to sleep on and a hot breakfast in the morning too.
Anywho, I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Cheers.

Hi mate welcome to the mad house lol only joking it a top place to be
Lots to read and any questions feel free to ask someone on here will know the answer
Enjoy and be safe

Hi Dave
Welcome to our little corner of the internet world, good to hear you have taken the chance to get back out there and chase the riches the earth has to offer the keen to search
There are a few of us from wollongong on here now, i never knew so many people into prospecting was around this area

Cheers
Jamie

Welcome Chiron, glad to see ur back into it, yeah these older years the body gets some aches and pains, just done my back in up the creek at Gympie, damn sore, getting better now. Look forward to seeing you out and about and some pics.

Cheers

Len

Latest posts