Minelab Warranty and Warranty transfer information/ questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased only 2 new detectors in my life and both were purchased from Australian dealers with both being a pain in the arse :N:

One stole my money but gave it back after I called him out as a liar and a thief,and the others customer serviced sucked also with me still waiting on a belt clip and a receipt (both have a presence here)

The old friend who help me get started 4 years ago (thankyou very much G) who has multiply detectors with decades of experience - will not buy from Australian dealers anymore - because he is also sick and tired of their woeful customer service,he either buys private or from the USA using Postmate.

So there is a very good argument to buy from overseas and not in Australia :Y:

I am also not that patriotic where I want to buy more bullshit and trouble.

Just my experience so help me God :)

Yes can relate to the above very well ...................... there are four shops in particular I won't even talk to let alone deal with again as their attitude once they had my money was a joke / disgrace. This is why I flew half way across the country to purchase from Phase Technical as apart from being a gentleman he plain and simply doesn't talk any shite :Y: To the point I have spoken with him regards buying a machine and the reply has been you already have it covered and don't need it ......................... and that's a big plus instead of the usual money grabbing attitude one gets from many :N:
Yep it's a plug and why not when credits due for the way the man conducts his business ;)
So cashgoldsilver God may not be able to help you but I'm sure Nenad could :D
My dealings with Minelab direct all good ........................ four of their dealers = never again.

We decided to return our 2yo SDC 2300 to Minelab SA for a check up and repairs.
(1) The stick had become loose and retracting with the slight push.
(2) There was an intermittent chatter after locating a target, the only way to get back to a normal hum was to turn off/on and go through a full start up.
Has just been returned;
Stick fixed.
A brand new coil and knuckle fitted including a new skid plate and knuckle protector.
Five star service Minelab, Thankyou!

Yup, I took my 2.5yr old GPX 5000 battery into them (lunchtime) as I had no Audio, speaker or phones. Got it back 10 am next day with a new audio circuit board, all fixed, no charge............... (Handy living only a few kms from the factory, lol.

Pity that some out there don't do the same :)

Awesome service

All new SDC2300 now come with a Minelab stamped knuckle included ...!

How has everybody found the turnaround time at Minelab for repairs?
Don't really know ..... any issues I have I take to the dealer who sold me the unit, they take care of replacement, can be immediate if Minelab approve it ... a good dealer will have direct Minelab contacts, or the dealer takes care of any return. Note that some dealer ARE authorised to do repairs. So my experience, 1 almost immediate replacement (2 days), other about a weeks turnaround (pre covid).

How has everybody found the turnaround time at Minelab for repairs?
Hopefully better in AU than here in America, 4500 went back to the outsourced authorized service center, was there over a month, came back with a new problem not there when it went in, terrible sensitivity and noise, went back for another 2 weeks where they fixed the item they created by doing the initial repair.

Latest posts