Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
The sterling silver florins will give the higher ID number, the 50% ones will give a slightly lower number.

Ahhhhh well that is good to know. I did do a (1947) check and saw it was 50% silver but that's all good just happy to get one on the board and didn't take long at all. :) :Y:

Went for a swing tonight around the corner where I've been getting a few silvers and also where I got my first florin.
Upon arriving I met an old fella walking around in my spot and thought bugger someone else is detecting here, I only thought that because he had a head lamp and two things in his hands.
Turns out he lives below this spot on the hillside, he is homeless and chooses to stay there because he loves the spot.
We chatted for a good 30 minutes and had a good old banter, he got to me the old bugger because it hit home for me, him being from NZ and all.
He asked if I removed any containers from under a few trees and I said no mate, he said ahhh good the lady across the road must have them, she cooks for me sometimes then returns the containers full of food of which he checks every night.
The old bugger even said he would buy me a headlamp and I said no no mate it's all good I can buy my own, I then asked if he had plenty of blankets and stuff and he said he was set up okay and so we shook hands, shared names and parted ways.
I am sure I will see him again on my travels around that spot which has been good to me.
Anyway I had a pretty good 1 hour and a half even though it started raining, found some pre-d's, silvers, relics, brownies, goldies/spendable coins.

1495731137_finds.jpg

12 Gauge

1495731210_bullet.jpg

Drawer Handle

1495731297_handle.jpg

1974 Commonwealth Games Spoon

1495731323_commonwealth_games.jpg
1495731368_spoon_1.jpg
1495731389_spoon.jpg

Pressure tester

1495731406_air_tester.jpg

Could be an old brooch? Or a Cosmetic Case? Looks as though it had another piece to it.
Edited: I believe it could be an Old Locket. :)

1495731477_brooch_1.jpg
1495731523_brooch.jpg

Royal Navy pin

1495731574_royal_navy.jpg

1927 Com half penny and 1939 Roo

1495731606_pennies.jpg

Threepence came out of the ground in that condition no cleaning needed and the Shilling I gave a wash and quick clean... :) :D :) :Y:

1495731658_silvers.jpg

Well that was my night.....Hope you all have a great day and get some awesome finds.

Cheers GDA

Well found gda, great looking silvers, and they made that crown look like it has sails, so the badge must be pretty old I recon.
:Y: :cool: :Y:
Old fella wasn't hungry at all hey, council mighta cleared away his food source ? :eek:
Some people might circle their plight without being too direct on point at all ,... sad that he's livin rough in the first place hey. :|

silver said:
Well found gda, great looking silvers, and they made that crown look like it has sails, so the badge must be pretty old I recon.
:Y: :cool: :Y:
Old fella wasn't hungry at all hey, council mighta cleared away his food source ? :eek:
Some people might circle their plight without being too direct on point at all ,... sad that he's livin rough in the first place hey. :|

He's in pretty good shape body wise for a 67 year old, the council and coppers know he is there so they check in on him from time to time. He did have a different spot further along which I detected but said the home owner who lives above that spot moaned and so the council said he had to move.
It is sad that he is living it rough but as we talked there was a happiness in his voice and I knew what that was...... :) Glad I got his name (Michael). I gave him mine and he said i'll remember that (King Arthur). :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Looks like your new spot for a while.. And what a great spot:Y: :Y:

Only walking distance from the other spot where I got my first rams head and I got the majority of pennies. :Y:
Great thing is I can take a flask of chunky soup for Michael and while he is eating I can detect. :) :Y:

King Arthur :p

We all have a sense of your nature Artie through your thread, seems ol mate has picked up on that in just one interaction , cementing my view of your character. From my life experiences, i know how easy it can be to fall on hard times. Its not just a simple thing to recover from for various reasons. Friendly non judgemental strangers can have the biggest impact.
Your a true gentleman Artie :Y: and kudos to that lady with the food :)

Your finds are pretty good too ;)

Sandta said:
King Arthur :p

We all have a sense of your nature Artie through your thread, seems ol mate has picked up on that in just one interaction , cementing my view of your character. From my life experiences, i know how easy it can be to fall on hard times. Its not just a simple thing to recover from for various reasons. Friendly non judgemental strangers can have the biggest impact.
Your a true gentleman Artie :Y: and kudos to that lady with the food :)

Your finds are pretty good too ;)

Thanks for the kind remarks Sandta, you're very right sometimes it isn't so simple to recover, back in the 80s he owned a Garrett, so he was looking with interest at the 705 as the numbers showed up on the screen. He was amazed at how far the detectors have come and it sparked his anticipation again. :) :Y:

Latest posts