Redneck coin tumbler

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tumbler with SS pins, 6L water, detergent and tea spoon citric acid - 1.5hrs

I have some cleaned coins for visuals.
These were pretty crusty and now spendable, heavy corrosion on a lot of them.
I dont bother with trying to get them perfect as I think the CA takes off the Nickel from the silvers.
Staining on the coins is because I didnt rinse them well.

Kato and I have been collecting a few dirty coins, just brass and silvers here.
BB's next and they will come up as shiny copper, like the items bottom right side, will do a before and after on those BB's.

1495506827_img_0551.jpg

Working on that DIY with Kato over the next couple of weeks for the "Dreadmill Tumbler". :lol:

Lots of pics and text planned, hopefully it will be good enough to be "pinned" for all users reference,
and I will try to list cheap sources for media to tumble with.
Kato and I will test it after showing all the steps of production.

:) :Y:

Sounds good ..i plan on making one out of a tread mill as well..look forward to seeing how yours turns out..I found with my original redneck tumbler after 2hrs of running using small gravel and dishwashing liquid..The coins came out very clean....but also very different...The gravel may have been a bit to harsh :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Danny13 said:
Thanks smokey , have not seen B5 on the forum for a bit ! Any ideas ?
I was thinking the same thing mate....Hes probably out chasing goldies :Y:
The next batch loaded ready for tumbling :D
Every one bucket of coins half a bucket of the neighbors driveway gravel...blue gravel :p
1495626572_263896_963968277696_1519046_46880979_7650870_ndrumpic.jpg

Found a nice hill to check out tomorrow....has a road to the top for easy drop off and collection points at the bottom 8)
May need the extra collection points til I get the drum direction controller sorted...it jammed up last time :rolleyes:
Don't need no fishing no drum sunk in the bottom of the bloody dam again :mad: almost lost the last one :N: :eek:
1495626687_images.jpg

I was going to make one of those printer tumblers but the last printer I was given I tore it to pieces looking for Gold :p
Figured it was a waste of time any way.............the 44 would crush the poor little bugger :eek: :p
Was looking at a wind mill on ebay but can't workout how to get the dam drum up the top :/
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Southern...206903?hash=item2126b351f7:g:5AcAAOSwmgJY8VGS
Think it's a bit small though :rolleyes:

Today's tumbling results :p 5 trips @ 5 drums per trip equals :eek:
1495706594_36cf9975-1618-4111-949d-211a7510d1e6cointruck.jpg

Told the dude the back door not out front :N: :mad: ..had to grab some cheap street labour to get the load to the coin room :lol: :p
1495706726_swiss_bank_coins_galore_pic.jpg

Clean...dry...and ready for circulation :p Another load done and dusted :lol:

Latest posts