You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

mbasko
16 July 2016 11:02 pm

davent wrote:

I know this is a tuff question on an open forum, bit how does the racer compare to the SDC?

Nenad's probably the only one who could answer that?
I've used a few VLF machines & some will do ok against the SDC but only to a point. Once you get into moderately mineralised ground up then the SDC will start to get a rapid advantage but I do know that the Gold Racer does have improvement over machines like the GMT but I'm yet to use the Racer.
I also know I've found in situ specks less than 0.01 gram with the SDC with little effort apart from seeing them lol I've also found enough small bits with the SDC, like those in the pic above, to know it don't miss them but the operator might - no matter how good.

Last edited by mbasko (16 July 2016 11:03 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

Ridge Runner
16 July 2016 11:22 pm

The guy in the video makes me laugh, Funny Guy.

One thing I did notice is he waved his hand over the coil when he had a hand full of dirt, That machine would of made that signal on his bare hand even if there was no dirt in it, All of my machines will do that from 4 to 6 inches plus, Gotta have them scoops handy, I had to import one from the US because no one over here sells them

John.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
17 July 2016 11:19 am

As others have mentioned, the hotter the soil the greater the advantage of the SDC. But as soon as you go to milder soils the Gold Racer quickly catches up and eventually surpasses the SDC on certain gold.

One area the gold racer wins hands down is near high voltage power lines. They are different tools and do different things very well. E.g try hunt coins with an SDC in a trashy park...GR will do it with ease.

Agent for Minelab, Nokta, NuggetFinder, Makro, Detech, Deteknix/Quest - Phase Technical Website

5 users like this post: mbasko, Ridge Runner, SammyJ, Jim., ProspectorPete

lewy
17 July 2016 06:17 pm

Here is todays effort in the racer small gold stakes.A small wafer speckie read 62 on the id.2 inches deep. Very nearly walked away as i was in hot rock heaven.pretty sure i have those sorted anything in the 10's and 90"s.and if you bounce the coil up and down they will have a steady reading usually a 3.The gold readings i havnt worked out how to get the numbers to settle but dig anything within the 40,50,60 range for sure.

1468739275_img_1846_1.jpg
1468739297_img_1854.jpg

12 users like this post: Ridge Runner, SammyJ, mbasko, Heatho, BillS, PhaseTech, Jim., davent, ProspectorPete, TTKooAu, nuggetino, kurra

Ridge Runner
17 July 2016 06:34 pm

lewy wrote:

Here is todays effort in the racer small gold stakes.A small wafer speckie read 62 on the id.2 inches deep. Very nearly walked away as i was in hot rock heaven.pretty sure i have those sorted anything in the 10's and 90"s.and if you bounce the coil up and down they will have a steady reading usually a 3.The gold readings i havnt worked out how to get the numbers to settle but dig anything within the 40,50,60 range for sure.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 1846_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … g_1854.jpg

Nice One Lewy, What sort of sound do the hot rocks make on the Racer ?

You did well to find that one in a place like that,

well done mate, John.

1 user likes this post: SammyJ

lewy
17 July 2016 06:51 pm

Not a sharp sound at all,you can definatly tell the difference after a while,The sound hesitates and comes back,sort of.Using it in all" though.I can send you some if you like, wink

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
18 September 2016 09:01 pm

Out today in sunny one minute raining the next adelaide hills. Ground was really wet. Very little trash and managed three bits. Nice morning out. Wish I could have stayed the whole day.

1474192844_20160918_191530-1.jpg

Agent for Minelab, Nokta, NuggetFinder, Makro, Detech, Deteknix/Quest - Phase Technical Website

11 users like this post: Heatho, Goldpick, lewy, Ridge Runner, ColinD, JD Gold, numpty, ProspectorPete, TTKooAu, Maltisau, kurra

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
18 September 2016 09:07 pm

First bit was a clean hit right on the edge of a previous raked patch. The small 7" elliptical gets right in the scrub that others detect around.

1474193186_20160918_103825-1-1.jpg

1474193227_20160918_102927-1-1.jpg

11 users like this post: DeathKiss, Heatho, Goldpick, davent, Ridge Runner, ColinD, JD Gold, numpty, B5MECH, ProspectorPete, TTKooAu

davent
18 September 2016 10:11 pm

lewy wrote:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … 1846_1.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … g_1854.jpg

Brian, have you been out latley?

lewy
19 September 2016 08:10 am

Dave hope to go out today,Bloody gas bottle on the house ran out last night so have to wait to order one this morning.Think i will look at margaret river area.

ProspectorPete
28 October 2016 04:03 pm

Hi Nenad, not sure if it's been asked yet but have you tried the 15.5 x 13.25″ semi-elliptical coil yet and if so what are your thoughts on it?
Would the bigger coil make the Gold Racer more unstable in hot ground? Would the bigger coil gain much depth over the 10x5.5" ?

Pete.

Gold ............ it's more about the places it takes you than about how much you find, peaceful surroundings in the middle of the bush is what it's all about. For me anyway!

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
28 October 2016 04:19 pm

Mate the areas I'm running the GR are really overgrown and very hard to swing the big coil. I do have a couple places in mind where I think the big coil will be the right choice.

2 users like this post: ProspectorPete, TTKooAu

ProspectorPete
28 October 2016 05:14 pm

PhaseTech wrote:

Mate the areas I'm running the GR are really overgrown and very hard to swing the big coil. I do have a couple places in mind where I think the big coil will be the right choice.

Fair enough, just curious to see how it would run.

One thing that I did find annoying on Tuesday was trying to get the Racer to stay upright when putting it on the ground to dig a target as the ground I was working was very uneven, with the small battery box footprint it seems to roll over easy making it a pain in the butt to sweep targets across the coil.

I think I've come up with a solution which doubles for another use, proof to how good it is will be out in the field next trip.

1477634822_dsc08932.jpg
1477634822_dsc08933.jpg
1477634822_dsc08934.jpg
1477634822_dsc08936.jpg
1477634822_dsc08937.jpg

If I want to film myself digging a target the tripod simply screws out and the camera can be tripod mounted a couple of meters away to capture the action.
I did have to cut a small section of hose to use as a sleeve between the shaft and tripod mount to get a good clamp but only took about 10 mins to make up/fit.

Gold ............ it's more about the places it takes you than about how much you find, peaceful surroundings in the middle of the bush is what it's all about. For me anyway!

5 users like this post: B5MECH, TTKooAu, PhaseTech, 10fp, kurra

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
28 October 2016 05:31 pm

Love it!

1 user likes this post: ProspectorPete

nuggetino
28 October 2016 07:27 pm

Ingenuity at it's best! That's the sexiest looking Racer I've ever seen too. Love the Camo

1 user likes this post: ProspectorPete

ProspectorPete
15 December 2016 06:26 pm

Ordered the Detekenix W6 Pro wireless headphones a few days ago and they arrived today, big thanks again Nenad.
The transmitter is simply stuck on the side of the arm cuff with velcro and should make detecting around scrubs and scrub a lot easier now.
It'll be a few weeks until I can get out detecting again but can't wait to get a free day and hit a couple of dry creek beds in Gippsland where there's plenty of bedrock and crevices to run the G19 coil over, also bought a 10" cold chisel to to pop in the crevicing kit bag and help gain access to and tight spots where the G19 coil finds a target.

1481786430_dsc08984.jpg

4 users like this post: PhaseTech, Heatho, Goldpick, B5MECH

davent
15 December 2016 06:53 pm

Lewy, did take the racer to Margaret area? If you did, I'd be interested in how it handled the ground, assuming you are talking about Margaret diggings....some of the hottest ground I've ever come across.

ProspectorPete
26 January 2017 11:13 am

Last week I ordered the GR40 coil through Nenad and yesterday when I got home it was sitting inside waiting to be opened. I now have 11 days off work but can only squeeze a 2-3 day trip in due to other commitments so I'm really looking forward to getting some hours under the belt with the bigger coils on this next trip. Also found that the 3 coils fit nice n snug in the Pelican case I used to use for band stuff offering good protection.

I'll be sure to do a trip report when I get back but I just want to say a big thank you to Nenad again for delivering a great service, it's really made my day.

Happy Australia Day everyone smile

1485389485_dsc09015.jpg
1485389508_dsc09016.jpg

3 users like this post: PhaseTech, Goldpick, Jim.

lewy
26 January 2017 07:40 pm

sorry davent just spotted your post.yes i took it to Margaret diggings.Seemed to handle the soil okay,much the same as bridge creek.They have heaps of sensitivity left to wind down if needed.No gold but was only a look around day,Just waiting for the dry now.

Jim.
27 January 2017 06:24 pm

Hi Prospector Pete, looking forward to hearing a report on the big coil. I have one and haven't used it yet.
Jim

ProspectorPete
01 February 2017 09:53 pm

Hi Jim, hooked up the camper trailer this afternoon and heading off tomorrow morning coming back Sunday afternoon so should get enough hours on the new coil over the next 4 days to really compare to the standard 10 x 5.5dd.
I'm heading to a 'forgotten goldfield' in the hope it hasn't seen as many modern detectors, when I called through the place on my way home in December I pulled over and switched the Makro on with 7.5 x 4" coil for a 5 minute detect to see how hot the ground was and picked up a couple of .22 shell @ 3" deep within 5 meters of my ute, detector ran really smooth. The history of the gold on this field is pea sized nuggets in no particular pattern, just found at random depth and spread across the field, fingers crossed there's a few left behind with the Makro's name on it but I'll give a report on the trip regardless of any finds.

Last edited by ProspectorPete (01 February 2017 09:53 pm)

2 users like this post: Jim., PhaseTech

Jim.
02 February 2017 08:20 am

Hi PP, looking forward to it mate.
Jim

OldGT
20 May 2017 04:24 pm

Hi Nenad (and everyone else contributing)

I think the racer gold might be the perfect machine for me based upon my activities. I mostly coin shoot but I love getting into the alluvial gold panning and high banking.

I think the gold will compliment my style by giving me a chance on finer jewelry and double checking tailings piles especially in the white pipeclay areas where I'm always concerned the sticky balls left over from classifying might be holding onto some decent pickers.

My main queries though are as follows.
In highly mineralised areas will it still find targets as small as birdshot within the first inch of soil? or would I be asking too much of it reasonably speaking. I have used an Sdc in the areas I've been in with good success but no longer own one.

Is it possible the gold could match or outperform an Sdc on white pipe clay mullock heaps and quieter less mineralised areas that have been surfaced?

Does anyone know if the gold actually finds consistant fine jewelry? It would be great to have something that narrowed earrings chains (I guess thin rings) down a little more than the other machines I've used.

Are you confident the machine "upscales" target id consistently ? Is anyone still digging some nasty flaky rusty trash with halos or can a user be confident of more consistant non ferrous finds that would "normally" fall on other machines I'd scale. Paired with my Fisher F75 this might be a great compliment to the arsenal, if the F75 (or deus imo) has one fault it's the sliding I'd of nonferrous ID at depth that always leaves you questioning to dig or not. If the gold could improve on dig/dont dig ratio would be great.

Lastly is any warranty transferable? If I buy new but sell does the new owner have warranty passed on to them inside the warranty period?

They might sound like silly questions but any help from any user would be appreciated.

Thanks .

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
23 May 2017 12:37 am

Some great questions!

OldGT wrote:

Hi Nenad (and everyone else contributing)

I think the racer gold might be the perfect machine for me based upon my activities. I mostly coin shoot but I love getting into the alluvial gold panning and high banking.

I think the gold will compliment my style by giving me a chance on finer jewelry and double checking tailings piles especially in the white pipeclay areas where I'm always concerned the sticky balls left over from classifying might be holding onto some decent pickers.

My main queries though are as follows.
In highly mineralised areas will it still find targets as small as birdshot within the first inch of soil? or would I be asking too much of it reasonably speaking. I have used an Sdc in the areas I've been in with good success but no longer own one.

Nenad - Really depends on the actual mineralisation type. Every prospectors idea of what is highly mineralised might be different. If the ground is so hot that you are required to drop your Sensitivity below 40 and increase iSat to 9, then that is what I'd call pretty hot ground. In these spots the GRacer may struggle to pick up birdshot. In what I would class "moderate" mineralisation, the Gold Racer seems to handle it fine.

OldGT wrote:

Is it possible the gold could match or outperform an Sdc on white pipe clay mullock heaps and quieter less mineralised areas that have been surfaced?

Nenad - It depends what they surfaced down to - if it isn't very reactive, then the Gold Racer would be great for the job. In the surfaced areas I have come across in the golden triangle, 8/10 have been quite hot, so this is perfect SDC territory. White Pipe Clay heaps, no problem and yes I have found thin flakey pieces with the Gold Racer that the SDC struggles to see. In mild ground VLF's do stack up quite well, which is why in a lot of the US goldfields, for the Whites faithful a Goldmaster would be a better choice than a TDI for example; until a prospector experiences really hot ground, they have no desire for a PI.

OldGT wrote:

Does anyone know if the gold actually finds consistant fine jewelry? It would be great to have something that narrowed earrings chains (I guess thin rings) down a little more than the other machines I've used.

Nenad - It all comes down to how low in Target ID you are prepared to dig, as the lower you go the more foil and small bits of slaw you will pick up. I have picked up tiny bits of jewellery (mostly junkers) in playgrounds on a regular basis, so tend to dig anything over 40. I will even dig stuff it the 30's if trash levels are bearable. The clarity of signal makes you think you have something really good - the high freq bangs hard on stuff a lot of other coin machines don't even see.

OldGT wrote:

Are you confident the machine "upscales" target id consistently ? Is anyone still digging some nasty flaky rusty trash with halos or can a user be confident of more consistant non ferrous finds that would "normally" fall on other machines I'd scale. Paired with my Fisher F75 this might be a great compliment to the arsenal, if the F75 (or deus imo) has one fault it's the sliding I'd of nonferrous ID at depth that always leaves you questioning to dig or not. If the gold could improve on dig/dont dig ratio would be great.

This is a tough question as there are a lot of variables. How large is the target, how deep, how rusty/broken down is it, how is it laying in the ground, what is the soil mineralisation like etc etc. In simple terms, yes, you can get tricked on deep iron. The most I have been tricked is when running a high Sensitivity setting, and big flat iron targets. You tend to get a bit of a confused reading, but if it pings in the high range enough times to tell you you'd better investigate, then I usually do. After digging one or two of these, you will ignore the rest in that area. Go to a different spot, with different ground conditions and different type of targets and what you'll hear can be different. I only ever use the 7" elliptical coil when park hunting with the Gold Racer, as I want to maximise my separation, maximise my chances on jewellery, and the less depth the better as a: I don't want to dig deep, and b: that is usually where the big junk is.

The other variable is you have two Disc mode options. Disc 1 is the Fast recovery mode, and Disc 2 is the more aggressive "boost" mode, so you need to experiment and see which you prefer. I demo'd the differences in one of my videos.

OldGT wrote:

Lastly is any warranty transferable? If I buy new but sell does the new owner have warranty passed on to them inside the warranty period?

Nenad - Yes. I would just recommend any detector being sold to have the new owner details passed on to the dealer of original purchase.

Hope that helps, cheers.

2 users like this post: grubstake, OldGT

OldGT
23 May 2017 08:22 pm

Awesome Nenad I appreciate the time you've taken to offer answers as best as practical. I have a few areas I had some luck with a gmt I'd like to try at some point, and I think with transferable warranty this may be the next detector I buy to use in the highlighted ways above.

I will be sure to follow up on your videos, they are always informative and entertaining and simple to follow. I was unaware you had ones of the racer gold.

Thanks again.

Last edited by OldGT (23 May 2017 08:25 pm)

1 user likes this post: grubstake

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site