The black widow

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is heaps of free ground, you just have to be very careful not to wander inside someones claim pegs. They are all marked but sometimes it can get slightly confusing, best to just keep away from anything that looks like a claim boundary.

There is still a lot of mineralized ground but the wash is often a bit deep for fossickers. If you're going to be there for several weeks you might be able to dig deeper holes (the department does not allow fossickers to dig deeper than 2 metres - never seen anyone enforcing that myself though).

There are patches and areas of shallow wash all about the place such as Jurassic Park at the far end of Reward, Glenalva and places at Tomahawk creek. I can't say I've ever found much in any of them but other people have. Snapper from ALF found a 60 carat blue at Jurassic park and the brother of I bloke I knew from out there found a 90 carat light green just under the surface near my (perpetually in limbo) claims, which is just over the hill from Jurassic Park. Some nice stones have been found at Glenalva, the whole area is designated fossicking area and there is only one or two actual claims. Again, I haven't found much there myself but other people have and the stones I have found there are different to other areas of the field, blue seems to be almost absent but the colour of some of the greens was a beautiful, almost aquamarine colour.

To cut or not to cut, black will be frosted. This design won't window except body. Also have a version where front wings are on the edge, should all meet point point from there.
1495523205_butterfly.jpg

Lefty said:
There is heaps of free ground, you just have to be very careful not to wander inside someones claim pegs. They are all marked but sometimes it can get slightly confusing, best to just keep away from anything that looks like a claim boundary.

There is still a lot of mineralized ground but the wash is often a bit deep for fossickers. If you're going to be there for several weeks you might be able to dig deeper holes (the department does not allow fossickers to dig deeper than 2 metres - never seen anyone enforcing that myself though).

There are patches and areas of shallow wash all about the place such as Jurassic Park at the far end of Reward, Glenalva and places at Tomahawk creek. I can't say I've ever found much in any of them but other people have. Snapper from ALF found a 60 carat blue at Jurassic park and the brother of I bloke I knew from out there found a 90 carat light green just under the surface near my (perpetually in limbo) claims, which is just over the hill from Jurassic Park. Some nice stones have been found at Glenalva, the whole area is designated fossicking area and there is only one or two actual claims. Again, I haven't found much there myself but other people have and the stones I have found there are different to other areas of the field, blue seems to be almost absent but the colour of some of the greens was a beautiful, almost aquamarine colour.
Sounds good Lefty, if I was only going for a few weeks there would be no real point thinking about a claim. The only advantage I would be able to use a jackhammer but reckon there lots of spots the wash wouldn't need that. Is it easy to get water to wash gravel?

Latest posts