Fisher Gold Bug 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to buy a Gold Bug 2 in good used condition. Please PM

Cheers

I have one, good unit. Try b4 u buy is good idea. If ever my way. Let me know 2 borrow

How'd you go with the Gold Bug 2 ? What sort of price are they going for ? I'm in the market for a budget detector, so just searching around to see what I can expect to pay for one. :)

I think they went for about $1350 with two coils, haggle for a pair of free head phones and carry bag.
This unit will pick a duck shot bb easy.
Simple to opperate. Light as, and even lighter if you want to use the hip/belt option. It just slides of the handle, and put it through you belt.And then you are only swinging the alloy handle and coil.
That makes a MAJOR difference to all day use that amazes me why minelab havent caught on to this, as there units are great weapons, but very HEAVY after a while,
the gold bug 2 I would not recommend for WA but.
There was a unit for sale on this site not long ago.
Most vlf detectors worked up to about 20khz, the bug 2 to is up around 73khz.

There are some on ebay for 505,588 and up,from china , states ,what's the difference,any good ?, tia

Make sure your not getting the gold but pro mixed up with the gold bug 2. Nothing against the gb pro, but it's about as similar to a gb2 as a dirt bike is to a moped, two very different designs and functions.

As for the ones from China, lm not sure if they make them there and sell them cheap or if they are dodgy knockoffs, but l would certainly be making sure l could get my money back if it was a dud before considering buying.

mudgee hunter said:
I think they went for about $1350 with two coils, haggle for a pair of free head phones and carry bag.
This unit will pick a duck shot bb easy.
Simple to opperate. Light as, and even lighter if you want to use the hip/belt option. It just slides of the handle, and put it through you belt.And then you are only swinging the alloy handle and coil.
That makes a MAJOR difference to all day use that amazes me why minelab havent caught on to this, as there units are great weapons, but very HEAVY after a while,
the gold bug 2 I would not recommend for WA but.
There was a unit for sale on this site not long ago.
Most vlf detectors worked up to about 20khz, the bug 2 to is up around 73khz.

All Minelab early VLFs were hip-mountable.

There's plenty of VLFs operating on higher than 20 kHz:
XT17000 and Goldstriker - 32 kHz
Gold Monster - 45 kHz
Whites GMT - 48 kHz
Whites goldmaster series 50 kHz
Gold Racer & AU Gold Finder - 56 kHz
XT18000, Golden Hawk & Eureka Gold - 60 kHz

All great machines in low iron soils. I am a fan of the Bug 2's slimline coils which is one reason why I love the Gold Racer's 7" elliptical. I also love the controls at your fingertips but manual ground balance can be a chore in certain spots. I think the Nokta AU Gold Finder may be the best marriage of old and new. Knobs n switches, hip-mountable but with tracking and push button auto balance.

Glennvc said:
There are some on ebay for 505,588 and up,from china , states ,what's the difference,any good ?, tia

Whatever you do, don't fall for the trap of buying a dodgy counterfeit from China.

Thanx for updating me a bit better. The hip mount option for the minelabs I should of maybe stated it for the heavier gpx series, 45's, etc. One Must admit it would make a hell of a difference!

I actually like my gpx box up the back of the shaft as it balances out the coil nicely ;)

Hip-mounting would be good though with a small coil when doing embankments etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts